Can you eat too little to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• agrafina
    agrafina Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I realize this thread is ancient but I just still felt the need to say... you must have worked really hard to be this wrong about everything.

This qualifies as the single worst piece of advice I have ever seen someone post on MFP and is pretty much antithetical to ehat you should actually do to lose weight healthily.

:flowerforyou:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you're consuming. So everyone who says they eat 1200 calories, burn 600, and then consume 600 more to make up for it won't result in weight loss. The entire process of calories and weight loss is simple math. Calories consumed - calories burned = energy used as fuel for the body. Calories burned equals how many pounds you will lose. The average person exercising regularly with a healthy diet needs 1200 - 1400 calories. This figure INCLUDES the calories you should be burning. People who are lethargic and do not exercise regularly do not need to consume 1200 calories a day. Yes when you exercise you will burn calories you have consumed...that's the entire point.

I realize this thread is ancient but I just still felt the need to say... you must have worked really hard to be this wrong about everything.

This qualifies as the single worst piece of advice I have ever seen someone post on MFP and is pretty much antithetical to ehat you should actually do to lose weight healthily.

+1

Apparently this poster believes that a body does not burn any calories at all doing things like breathing, moving, eating, digesting, making new cells, processing waste, thinking, salivating... etc etc etc. What an absolute load of NO.
  • BoatsnHose
    BoatsnHose Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight but it certainly is not healthy and you may likely gain it all back once you stop this "diet"