Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I've been thinking about buying one, but I have no idea where to look, and if it's worth it. I would like one with a calorie counter. Does anyone have any suggestions? :smile:

Replies

• Amanda42657
    Amanda42657 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked. I have asked several people too but still not sure what to buy. They are pretty pricey too. I would still like to know which ones are best. I decided when I get under 200 (only 13 pounds to go) that will be my reward.
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking the same thing, as I've heard that the amount of calories people burn are different, and I wonder if the heart rate monitor might help me be more accurate. I would like to hear more about them as well, if anyone has any insight
  • hardybelle83
    Options
    I bought myself a Polar FT7 for Christmas & I love it. I got a great deal on it @ Amazon and I chose it because it had the best reviews & it is one of the newer models that allow the user to change the batteries rather than having it sent back to the company. So far, it seems to be giving me accurate heart rate readings. It's nice to have a better estimate of how many calories I'm burning.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I had a polar F7 and loved it. It was used when I bought it and just quit on me and I am lost without it! I purchased one off ebay Polar FT4 or $49.99 brand new in box and I am so excited to get it. There a whole bunch of HRM posts but Polar was the one that kept getting mentioned when I asked and it does not disappoint!
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a Timex off of Amazon. It has all that i wanted with no frills. It is scheduled for delivery on Friday. Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch $46 with super saver shipping. The reason i am getting it is because in this one you can replace the batteries yourself and it has good reviews. Check it out.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    let ya know how it goes after Friday's workout :smile:
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Definately Polar FT7! Awesome and easy to use and you can change the battery yourself. Don't buy one that you have to send in to have the battery changed :mad: . Whatever you decide, definately get one with a chest strap. That sounded weird to me at first but it's really comfortable. It's adjustable and it fits right under your bra (or you know general vicinity guys :wink: ). You'll definately get the best info with the chest strap. Once you start using one you'll feel lost without it. I even wear it when I go shopping...it challenges me to walk faster and non lolly-gag around. Might as well burn some calories while I'm spending money :bigsmile: .
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6. I love it. The transmitter (chest strap)is comfortable,
    and I got a womens model and the watch face isn't huge like some
    Of the others I have looked at. Easy set up, easy to work. I got it on eBay
    For 70$ shipped. Hardest thing about using it was opening the box!