Love Handles...any solutions, besides running, that worked f

Options
I use the treadmill, but would like to mix it up some. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    bump
  • Soccerstar19
    Options
    You could do some ab workouts and jumping jacks
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals dvds are great and cheap at walmart or target also the biggest loser dvds
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    They will come off as you tone up . . . looking forward to my arms toning up as well personally!

I have a dance DVD that does a lot of side lunges and a type of side lunge where you leave your feet placed and just move from the waist up . . . I can really feel those after the workout.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Even on the treadmill, you could mix it up some! Turn the treadmill on low- like 1.7 or so, and skip sideways on the treadmill- do about three minutes on each side. Can also put it on incline of 5 and go on it backwards. I also have tons of workout DVDs that I work out to. Many don't require any equipment, or just a band.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can tone that area with exercises hitting the obliques and abs, but to literally reduce love handles you need to diet.

The concept of "spot reducing" (i.e. doing something to reduce fat in a specific target area, short of surgery) really is a misnomer. Some people exercise and lose a lot of weight in the hips, waist, stomachs--all over. Really depends on the person. Even running doesn't reduce love handles on everyone (I can attest to that one).

Shawn
  • Johanssonx
    Options
    Running is good but..
    if it's still some fat in the "handles".. some weight training for large muscle groups is a good thing.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do 30 mins on the treadmill after I do The Biggest Loser, Last Chance Workout. I have other BL DVD's too, and I love them all!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    You can spot tone, but not spot lose. Some spots just hold their fat longer than others. You have to just keep losing in general will eventually get rid of them. Or there are new treatments that use heat application to shrink problem areas, if you really can't lose them and you have the money. It seems safe and is non-invasive, no anesthesia needed, and lasts at least a year (more if you keep your weight stable.)