What is the deal?

Options
Ok, I've been here at MFP working hard for the past couple of weeks. According to my scale, I've lost around 8 pounds! That's awesome, but the thing is I'm not seeing results outside of the scale. My clothes aren't feeling loser and I feel like nothing has really changed.......could those 8 pounds really be just water weight?!

I'm finding it kind of hard to stay motivated if I'm not seeing results, even though I know it didn't take overnight for me to put this weight on, so it's not going to take overnight to make it go away either!

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    8 lbs of just water is doubtful. You should take measurements (waist, hips, chest, neck, thighs etc). You don't choose where you lose. 8 lbs is great, keep at it!:flowerforyou:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yes it might be water weight, a person can lose unlimited amounts of water weight. if thats your case you need to lose all that water before you can actually lose "fat". It is only possible to lose up to 2lbs of fat a week. Dont be discouraged at all! keep with good clean eating and you will see results, its easier to put on weight than to lose!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Many people lose from the outside in. I first noticed the loss in my hands, feet and face. Then "the girls", then the rest of my body started to whittle away. I also heard somewhere (I don't remember where) that the first few pounds come from the fat around the internal organs, and that you won't see a difference from that if you have a lot to lose.