30 pounds to lose

Options
Hi I am new to the site....any suggestions to losing 30 lbs within 3 months?

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Calories 1200-1400 per day, cardio 3-4 times per week (20-40 mins) :smile:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    put in the work. Portion control, count your calories ( make sure you're not getting too many or too few ) and exercise calories in, calories out.
  • melissa_livesay
    melissa_livesay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count calories. Eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. I try to stay around 170-260 calories for breakfast. For a snack a veggie, or fruit, Lunch something around 200-300 cals, a snack either fruit or veggie...or popcorn. And eat the rest of my calories that I have left for dinner. This is something that helped me drop alot of weight. It is trying at times when you crave a juicy cheeseburger or some fast food...but I didn't let myself eat out! That is one of the worst things I think for a person!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    make sure to stay reasonable and don't get discouraged. it isn't healthy to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week. you may only get to your half way point in three months, but that is still very very good!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    eat good healthy for you food and run! cardio cardio!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I started with 40 lbs to lose and lost the first 20 by doing at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday with 1-2 rest days a week and at least 30 minutes of strength training 3 days a week, eating within my limits, EAT THOSE EXERCISE CALORIES and make smart choices. Don't eat a lot of sugar, eat at least 25-30% protein, get enough fiber and drink a TON of water.
  • tmadler3
    Options
    thank you all so much for the wonderful information...i can already tell im going to love this site. :happy:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    In addition to food, make sure your exercise includes weights and intervals. You'll burn way more calories that way and is more efficient.

If you try cardio with let's say a 3 min warm up and alternating 30 secs 8-9 RPE and 30 secs 6 RPE you'll burn way more calories in your 20 minutes.

Good luck!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've done that (it hasn't been three months yet), but I started out pretty high and completely exercise-phobic. Even now I'm still 18 lbs or so into the obese range.

If you're less overweight or already more active, it WILL be slower. Don't force it if with reasonable caloric restriction and exercise your loss is slower.
  • tmadler3
    Options
    well i have started walking on the treadmill for approx 35-40 minutes and on the bike for 5 minutes...its a start! :) thanks again for the inspiration.