Anyone out there using ZUMBA for the Wii???

Options
I just picked up ZUMBA for the Wii today. Hoping to get a chance to use it tonight.....

Any feedback?

Replies

• Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love it.. got it at Christmas and am really enjoying it. It's a good workout too! Have fun.. enjoy!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    PS3 version. use it almost daily. love it.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    is it worth it? about how many calories do yall burn?
  • pcmoore
    pcmoore Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am interested too! I have not used it but have heard so much about Zumba! Right now I'm using Just Dance 2 for the Wii but think I'll try Zumba
  • Kdoty
    Kdoty Posts: 12
    Options
    That is going to be our next buy if its good... we do alot of just dance... its good for a work out if ya do it correctly... let me know how it goes for you!!
  • Zurichnee
    Zurichnee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can't wait until it available at amazon.ca!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i have it and i loooove it!!!
  • brittybee23
    brittybee23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOVE Wii Zumba! and Just Dance! both get me sweating! I need to pick up an HRM though, so I can figure out how many calories i'm burning. Any one have a good suggestion for one?
  • angigreen
    Options
    I actually thought about buying for xbox 360. It looks like fun. Do you get a good workout?
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    is it worth it? about how many calories do yall burn?

I burn about 150 calories on a 20 min session and over 300 on a 45 minute session - still doing the "easy" tracks. Expecting to see more burn when I progress through to hard/expert. It is comprable to what I burn using the Zumba DVD's
  • AJs_mom
    AJs_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can't wait until it available at amazon.ca!

I think it's there now.... I had looked it up for a co-worker of mine today. But it was listed at $62.99. I paid $39.99 at EB Games.
  • chrish1981
    Options
    I actually JUST got done with it! I got it for my birthday on Sunday and it's so much fun!

I also go to regular Zumba classes as well. I'm not sure exactly how many calories are burned, but man, it's got to be a lot because I sweat my butt off.

I just ordered a heart monitor, though, so soon I'll know for sure!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have it and LOVE it! I'm still at the beginner's workouts. I do two 20-minute beginner sessions. I burn over 300 cals in 40 minutes, according to my HRM. It's fun. I laugh at myself for most of it. :laugh: I'd definitely recommend it.
  • AJs_mom
    Options
    I had done a lot of ZUMBA classes at the gym, when I was on maturnity leave. Now I don't get to go, because the classes are either mid-morning or late afternoon. Doesn't fit the schedule of a mom who works full-time. The classes were awesome, and I really miss it. The instructor was great! ZUMBA is a fantatic workout.
  • trixieflow
    trixieflow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    is anyone using it on carpet? i took a class and loved it. thought about buying the video but i can't imagine dancing on carpet.
    thoughts?
    thank you
  • AJs_mom
    Options
    is anyone using it on carpet? i took a class and loved it. thought about buying the video but i can't imagine dancing on carpet.
    thoughts?
    thank you

I'll be doing it on the carpet..... if I can ever get my kids to bed and try it out :) I'll let you know how I make out!

Anyone know how I might track the calories burned??
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love this game!!! It is fun-and a great workout. (I do mine in my living room-so on the carpet, doesn't seem to be an issue so far!)
  • MandiPandi757
    MandiPandi757 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Have it and I love it!!! I've never tried it on carpet, as I have hardwood floors. Though I can't imagine doing some of the dance steps on the carpet, some of the moves that you have to do might not be as smooth on carpet vs. hard floor. But I'm sure you'll figure something out. Just remember to always keep moving even though you might not be insync with the dancer on the screen. It's a fun workout and it makes the 45min to whenever you want to stop, go by like a blink of an eye. In order to figure calories burned, you'll have to invest in a HRM. That would be the only way to figure exactly how many calories your burning while doing this workout.
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Zumba for Wii? Wow! Gotta get it! I love Zumba!!!:love:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It is fun and a great work out - you'll love it!