so glad I'm not her!

Options
2»

Replies

• aceyfz
    aceyfz Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree with NikkiJ17.

Never say diet! ...BL. A lot of folks do not realize it is a change in lifestyle.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I definitely agree, I'm not on a diet, I'm changing my life. She, on the other hand, keeps calling it a diet.
    I understand it as a quick fix, but she seems to act like it's long term.
    I hope that she soon sees that she's just hurting herself, but it's not my place to tell her, I've known her for 5 months. I guess she saw a nutritionist a few years ago and thats what he or she toldher to do, but I think shes taking it a little drastically. theres a difference between being healthy and starving yourself. just last night she came back and said 'I havent felt hungry all day, but now I'm starving' so she made 'taco salad' basically a bowl of fritos, taco meat, a little lettuce, and cheese, and ate TWO BOWLS. She's already driving me nuts and it's day 2.
    surely a person can't live on low carb tortillas and turkey, and lettuce and italian dressing for too long.
  • dancah18
    Options
    OK so first off, WOW! That is crazy! I have to watch my carbs but not like that. She could get really sick from doing this so I hope that she is going to a nutritionist or doctor with this. If a professional recommended this diet I would strongly suggest that she go back and tell them she is feeling run down and then have them revise it! Good luck to her!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    my dad restricts carbs in this way so he can "diet" but keep on drinking. :ohwell: :noway: :frown:
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a horrible thing to do to your body. Your body NEEDS carbs to function, I could never imagine depriving my body like that! She should be eating 40 carbs every meal atleast, not 40 carbs a day.
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    i used to work for one of those companies (i wont say which one) that sells vitamins, diet suppliments, protene and everything else you can think of, and there were so many people that would come in doing the Atkins diet that thought that they knew everything about it, and they were doing it entirely wrong, and you could tell with some of them with the lack of carb it totally affected thier brains.... when you have to pull out your driver's license to remember your address, one that you have lived at for a number of years, then you have taken it too far, as some of these people had done, and sounds like your roommate is doing too. there is a reason why you can't find any of those nasty atkins chips and everything else they used to offer, and that is because people have found out that carb free is not the smartest way to go. your body needs to have carbs for energy to run on, you just have to pick smart carbs, not just loading up on sugar, that's when you will crash....
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    my roommate is on a low carb diet. shes eating 6 small meals a day, but can only have 40 carbs a day. basically all she eats is eggs and salad! yesterday she was complaining about being forgetful and tired. i was like, umm because your not eating anything of substane and your sugar is probably low because you are not getting any!

why do people do that to themselves?

I do the low carb fad thing a few years ago. For about a month, maybe 2 months, I was losing weight so fast it was crazy! But, at the end of the month and a half or so that I was doing it, I forced myself to stop because I was tired...so tired that I didn't want to get out of bed! I couldn't hardly exercise at all. I was moody as crap. I was getting headaches constantly...

As I just said to someone else in another thread, losing weight is not worth losing health.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    she is insane. and she's making her bofriend.. MAKING, him do it with her.

oh and she is sooo mad abut the muffins hahaha
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think it's important not to judge others, their lifestyles, or their eating habits. The only thing worse than this is coming online and sharing it with the world. It's classless and distasteful. Now I'm not sure, but I don't think (at least I hope she doesn't) talk about your shortcomings behind your back. Different things work for different people - just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's wrong for everyone to. This is not a place to judge others!

It's important to develop a healthy body, but also a healthy mind. Be more accepting of others, even if you don't agree with what they do. :wink:

Just my two cents.