Has anyone tried EA Sports Active 2?

Options
I am doing the EA Sports Active 2 fitness game for PS3. I started the workout program on there and have done 4 days worth. Has anyone tried it actually doing the program? If so did you see any good results?

Replies

• lynndollar
    Options
    I am doing it on Nintendo Wii The step aerobics is great I can burn a lot of calories in 30 minutes:glasses:
  • nikki7805
    Options
    I was thinking of getting it as I have a PS3 also, I've been doing Zumba on the PS3 and it's great! Good Luck!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I have Active 2 for the Wii and am currently doing the 3 week cardio challenge and after I'm going to do the 9 week challenge. I do all challenges on hard :blushing: So far I have only done 3 sessions ( you do 4 sessions a week) and I'm sore LOL its definatly working all the different muscle groups and since I started on Sunday I have lost 1 kg :tongue:

I quite like the game because I'm not the type of person to do push ups and squats. i tend to just concentrate on cardio so this pushes me to do a bit of strength exercise as well.
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just got the EA Sports NFL Combine game. I played around with it tonight and worked out for about 40 minutes or so. I finished 2 training sessions and burned about 350 calories. It was pretty fun. I'm assuming it is quite similar to EA Sports Active for the Wii. I'd recommend it to any guys who want a change-up in their regular workouts. The resistance bands are pretty weak, though.
  • georgiasoldier
    Options
    I have the EA Sports Active 2 for Xbox 360. I am doing the 3 week program to start.I have found that the Heart Rate Monitor to be inaccurate. It is always off on my calories.The reason I know this is because I wear a second HRM by timex which has a chest strap and I have used this many times. The workouts are good fun and get progressively harder. I am almost finished with the 3 week cycle, 3 workouts left to go.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have Active 2 for the Wii and am currently doing the 3 week cardio challenge and after I'm going to do the 9 week challenge. I do all challenges on hard :blushing: So far I have only done 3 sessions ( you do 4 sessions a week) and I'm sore LOL its definatly working all the different muscle groups and since I started on Sunday I have lost 1 kg :tongue:

I quite like the game because I'm not the type of person to do push ups and squats. i tend to just concentrate on cardio so this pushes me to do a bit of strength exercise as well.

I'm doing the 9 week challenge. How in the heck r u starting on hard?? Lol. I tried medium and was just not in shape enough so I am starting on easy til it bumps me up or I bump myself up when I get better!
  • Dom82
    Options
    I have the EA Sports Active 2 for Xbox 360. I am doing the 3 week program to start.I have found that the Heart Rate Monitor to be inaccurate. It is always off on my calories.The reason I know this is because I wear a second HRM by timex which has a chest strap and I have used this many times. The workouts are good fun and get progressively harder. I am almost finished with the 3 week cycle, 3 workouts left to go.

Can I ask how far off the calories are? :huh: just curious because I kind of rely on the HRM to tell me that came with it. :blushing:
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Options

Have u found it to b reading under the real heart rate and calories or over the real amount??? Thanks for the info.
  • Dom82
    Options

I'm doing the 9 week challenge. How in the heck r u starting on hard?? Lol. I tried medium and was just not in shape enough so I am starting on easy til it bumps me up or I bump myself up when I get better!

I'm a glutton for punishment :tongue: The work outs kick my butt but I love every min of it haha Was glad today session concentrated on the upper body though... my legs are a bit sore from all the squats i had to do the other day :embarassed:
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Options

I'm a glutton for punishment :tongue: The work outs kick my butt but I love every min of it haha Was glad today session concentrated on the upper body though... my legs are a bit sore from all the squats i had to do the other day :embarassed:

It focused on lower body for me today and my legs were shaking after. So many squats and the mountain boarding is killer on your thighs!!!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm currently playing the 9 week program on easy for PS3. I'm starting on the easy then doing medium and then hard because I want all the trophies. Join the group CRASH (password is crash) on PS3.

I wish there was a way to get the NFL part on PS3.

I just ordered the EA Sports 2 Accessory pack to get another set of sensors. I'm hoping to try it out with you (evanescncexluvr) tomorrow or the next day. I hope it will log for both of us or else we can do double workouts. :D
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I was just coming on here to see if I could find a thread about this! Just finished my first EA workout for Kinect. I stupidly chose the 9 week program on hard to start...bad idea!! I got through 63% before I HAD to quit. Not too bad for my first workout on hard, I guess.

During this workout i had a ton of trouble with the bent over rows or whatever they were...Couldn't get the darn Kinect to recognize that I was bent over...anyone else experience this? I guess it's good to know that I can't cheat my way through (I totally tried a few times!), but those rows were annoying.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oooooh we just ordered this for PS3 - I'll report back after it arrives :)
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    so glad i found this thread! the last couple days ive been wanting to get reviews from mfp members! i have the wii, so is it worth it? i deff think im going to buy!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you get more calories on the regular HRM. The EA HRM is only counting while you're doing workouts and not in between when the exercises are loading so that's why you'd get a higher count on your regular HRM. I think it's good for me (I don't have a regular HRM yet) because that means I undersestimate the amount of calories I burn and so I have a little more to "spare" at the end of the day. I always worry that I'm overeating (I eat back the exercise calories).
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options

It focused on lower body for me today and my legs were shaking after. So many squats and the mountain boarding is killer on your thighs!!!
    Just wait until you have to do mountain climbers three times in one session! Or foot fires four times in one session. Not fun, I tell ya! LOL
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I was wondering too so thanks for feedback.......

we have a PS3 and my son was given the MOVE from my mother for xmas and we are having a blast and we just bought the game "Fight" which is a boxing game and it is a ton of fun, not to mention a great stress reliever! We are looking into more of the Move games, so far we have enjoyed all but the Brunswick Bowling which was returned the day after we bought it for being a pain in the *kitten* to operate not to mention the balls constantly blink :noway:
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the Cardio Challenge in ACTIVE 2 for PS3..... I am on my second week. I can already tell a difference in my heart rate. I understand it might not be perfect, but I an still see that my heart is getting better. It gives you tests in the begining and at the end of each week to see how fast your heart rate recovers. My recover rate is already a few points better than when I started two weeks ago. I can also see a difference in my legs, the first few days I was really sore, but now I can get through a session without muscle faliure. I do mine on med and it is very challenging, but I want to see results, so I am pushing myself.
    The only problem I have with it is that there is not alot of core work. But I have only done the Cardio Challenge so far, so I am kind of biase here. What I did was create my own core workout to do after my 25 min cardio. Under My Workouts, you can create any session you want... so if you want to focus on any certain areas you can. Just be sure to add a cool down, or do it on your own after.

I would definatly recomend this to a friend who was trying to loose weight!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    During this workout i had a ton of trouble with the bent over rows or whatever they were...Couldn't get the darn Kinect to recognize that I was bent over...anyone else experience this? I guess it's good to know that I can't cheat my way through (I totally tried a few times!), but those rows were annoying.

Last night I had trouble with those bent over rows also and had to just skip that one. I have done them before with no problem though. I also had a problem with the lateral shoulder press ( the one where the band is crossed in your hands and you lift your arms up to your shoulders).
    What can you expect though from it being a game even though that is irritating.