I am not going shopping with her ever again!!!

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
GRRRR, so everytime my sister go shopping together, we end up eating out for lunch. We went out today and I had a big crunch combo (KFC) for lunch. I just got done promising myself that I was going to be good for now on lol!! I don't feel completely guilty, but not completley good either. I am trying so hard to keep positive thoughts here, people!! I even skipped out on my walk today, although 5 hours of shopping could possibly have burned the same amount of calories anyway! And the day is not done so technically I shouldn't just disregard a walk, I could go out after supper, I suppose. But it just comes back to the fact that I am a social eater and I feel like I can't go anywhere with anyone without grabbing a bite. If I'm by myself I have tons of control, but it all goes out the door if I'm with even just one more person. Maybe I should just become a hermit until I can learn to control myself, that's what I had to do to stop being a social smoker, and it worked. What do y'all think?

Replies

• peej76
    Options
    GRRRR, so everytime my sister go shopping together, we end up eating out for lunch. We went out today and I had a big crunch combo (KFC) for lunch. I just got done promising myself that I was going to be good for now on lol!! I don't feel completely guilty, but not completley good either. I am trying so hard to keep positive thoughts here, people!! I even skipped out on my walk today, although 5 hours of shopping could possibly have burned the same amount of calories anyway! And the day is not done so technically I shouldn't just disregard a walk, I could go out after supper, I suppose. But it just comes back to the fact that I am a social eater and I feel like I can't go anywhere with anyone without grabbing a bite. If I'm by myself I have tons of control, but it all goes out the door if I'm with even just one more person. Maybe I should just become a hermit until I can learn to control myself, that's what I had to do to stop being a social smoker, and it worked. What do y'all think?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

How about going shopping with your sister after lunch? :flowerforyou:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Don't be so mean to yourself. Even though I am the same way to myself. But one slip up is nothing. Just eat salad tonight and forget about it. Tomorrow is another day :happy:

Alisha
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrr...I went out shopping with a friend the other day...She knows I'm dieting, and her being thinner, you'd think she would have encouraged me to be like her...We spoke about going to Subway prior to going out, and during lunch she really got eager and said Chili's or Friday's. I didn't want to cause a fuss, but I was annoyed. I ate my favorite weakness food, but I only at 1/3 of the meal and I also made sure to workout that night.

Anyway...I hate that for you. I'm going to be more avid next time...But it did make me want to pass up shopping this week. I can't keep eating out for others. I need to choose my food better, and control my intake better.

:ohwell:
  • peej76
    Options
    The only reason this is even bothering me is because I just got over a depression where I binged and binged for like a month, and I finally decided that it is time to be good to myself! It's not a HUGE deal or anything but maybe a wake up call as to when I cheat the most. And I'm not really going to stop shopping with her, no way, we have way too many laughs when were out together lol!!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrr...I went out shopping with a friend the other day...She knows I'm dieting, and her being thinner, you'd think she would have encouraged me to be like her...We spoke about going to Subway prior to going out, and during lunch she really got eager and said Chili's or Friday's. I didn't want to cause a fuss, but I was annoyed. I ate my favorite weakness food, but I only at 1/3 of the meal and I also made sure to workout that night.

Anyway...I hate that for you. I'm going to be more avid next time...But it did make me want to pass up shopping this week. I can't keep eating out for others. I need to choose my food better, and control my intake better.

Chili's has a Guitless Grill menu. The chicken sandwich and the black bean burger are excellent !
  • susanabrooks83
    Options
    I'm very open with all of my friends and co workers about the fact that I'm trying to lose a little weight and so when they ask if I want to go out, they are supportive of going to a healthier restaurant and helping me count calories... You can still eat socially while counting calories...
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Well, laughing with friends is the most important part of your day!

I have friends who we socially get together for lunch. I love it and that will be what I'm doing on Friday! I can't wait! So worth the extra relaxing and walking later that night.

:flowerforyou:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The Grilled Chicken Wrap - no sauce - is only about 300 calories - try that next time :flowerforyou:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think being prepared is the trick.. If you know where youre going to shop and know what restaurants are around, find out what the best choices for you would be and enjoy your day... I know Applebees has WW on their menue and a salad with low fat dressing on the side should be ok most of the time....By the way do you know how much calories you burn by going shopping? I take whatever time I'm shopping, divide it in half and use the calories from that as my exercises.
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Were you at the mall?
    Quinte mall has the Pita Pizzazz restaurant and it's really good - I had a grilled chicken caesar salad wrap thingy, and it was huge!
    Just a flat bread filled with grilled chicken and mostly lettuce and veggies - might still have been more calories than I'd care to eat in a meal generally, but for eating at the food fair, pretty damn good!

That way, you can eat healthily, and she can have A & W or whatever she wants!
    I know what you mean though, it is hard when you're out of your regular routine or environment...
    Just try to set yourself up for success - next time tell her KFC is off your menu?

I struggle with fries or salad on the side every single time! :blushing:
  • peej76
    Options
    Yeah we were at the mall, and I totally did not have to eat at KFC, and I know it sounds like I was blaming her, but KFC, yum, spicy big crunch yum yum lol!!! I could have ate somewhere else but I am soooo picky. Honestly I need to change my mindset because for me eating out is a burger and fries lol. My hubby is always getting mad at me, even if he takes me to a nice restaurant I have a fit if there is not burger or fries on the menu, cause I hate trying new things!!
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well, I am exactly the same as you...
    I'm known as the burger girl! LOL
    AND I'm a carb addict through and through... savoury treats over sweet anyday!
    I guess it's a mindset switch, because I really crave salad now if I don't eat it regularly!

I try to set myself up for success in advance, like someone else mentioned eariler...
    When doing or going somewhere out of the norm plan ahead where/what you'll eat.
    I actually do this at home right now too!
    I eat the most BORING things right now, same everyday, but it's easy and I 'm happy enough with it - so I'm sticking to it until I hit the 'maintain' phase of my weight plan, just cause it seems to be working so far!
    I definitely eat a little out of the routine on weekends though.

Yeah, don't get too bent out of shape about it - hehe :laugh:
    It's a process, right?
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

Maybe she doesn't want you to be as thin as her? Be careful, some friends like to "sabotage". Sometimes they don't even realize it.:angry:
  • peej76
    Options
    uh oh. I'm going shopping with her again tonight lol!! I 'm not going to eat anything though cause I've been pigging out all day and feel like a big sack of poop.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Yeah we were at the mall, and I totally did not have to eat at KFC, and I know it sounds like I was blaming her, but KFC, yum, spicy big crunch yum yum lol!!! I could have ate somewhere else but I am soooo picky. Honestly I need to change my mindset because for me eating out is a burger and fries lol. My hubby is always getting mad at me, even if he takes me to a nice restaurant I have a fit if there is not burger or fries on the menu, cause I hate trying new things!!

I am very picky as well, but I have great friends and they make me try new things. I dont have to order it they order it and give me a bite. Sometimes I like it sometimes I dont. But it also opens up a whole lot of doors. :bigsmile:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Me either :laugh: :laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Do you remember the post where I mentioned that KFC is the most popular place to eat on Mother's Day? GAGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Who is EATING THAT?????????????????
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Do you remember the post where I mentioned that KFC is the most popular place to eat on Mother's Day? GAGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Who is EATING THAT?????????????????

Back when my bf and I ate a TON of fast food (I mean, every day!), we went to a KFC BUFFET.....ugh...I can't believe I used to eat like that! No wonder I got into the 150's lol!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I went to KFC with my mom, and was really stressed that I would eat too much.

I restrained myself, and ordered the Twister (without sauce!) and corn on the side instead of fries. I didn't think I sounded too "diety" or picky. Then I quietly went over to the soda dispenser and filled my cup with 3/4 water, 1/4 pink lemonade.

Crisis averted!