Being fat is too much work, and I've got stuff to do!

Options
Hi all, I joined about a week ago, and thought it was time I introduced myself!
I was a high school, and college athlete in my earlier days, and now I'm alomst 30. Last year, with a lot of early mornings at the gym, I lost 43lb.s for my wedding in August (and gained 18lb.s back post-wedding). Lastly, I'm attempting to train for my first marathon (Grandma's in Duluth MN).
While being able to jump into any clothes I feel like, without worring about rolls sticking out here and there, my main motivation is to physically FEEL BETTER. I've had plantar fasciitis for 2.5 years, and I know carrying around 35-50 extra lb.s isn't helping it heal any faster! I also ride horses, and know my horses appreciate a lighter rider, and I feel less scary in breeches when I'm in better shape :) ..oh, and I JUST ordered P90X, so any tips on that, or novice marathon training would be great! I bought a treadmill (used) recently, and I'm hoping to run on that, and follow P90X until it lightens up enough to run outside again :)
So, that's all I can think of so far, but please feel free to friend me if you think we could help each other along....and thanks for hooking me on my new "facebook"!

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    A little something I wrote about the words you will hear a lot during P90X and I use this as a motivator

Bring it

I’m talking about the words Tony Horton gave life to. What does it mean to you? Well I’ll tell you what it means to me. When I “Bring it” I bring to life all the things I hate. I put all this hatred into the moves that Tony Horton gives me. I put all the things in this world that don’t need to be in my heart and I gift wrap them and give them to him. I give them to him in my sweat, blood, and tears. I am not working out for Tony Horton at this time, but for myself. Tony Horton already has what I am working for. My self stands on the line now. I must now “Bring it” Now, make no mistake, I will do everything, short of dying, in order to bring to life all the things that I believe that are worthy of beneficial work. I will destroy the boundaries of fear. I will “Bring it”. I will destroy the boundaries of weakness. I will “Bring it”. I will destroy the boundaries of selfishness. I will “Bring it”. I stand to benefit the most from this simple couple of words and yet those simple couple of words hold such power. They fill me with desire. Desire to become better. Desire to hope. Desire to DO! I will DO!!!!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    whoa. you have A LOT going on. I have plantar fasciitis and it soo hurts! ow! haha and I got neuromas from wearing xcountry shoes and tall boots that were a little (a lot) too small. But my hat's off to you! best of luck in your athletic endeavors, may your riding breeches be forgiving and complimentary in the near future!:smile:
  • tea76
    tea76 Posts: 35
    Options
    hi im Tina.
    so this all new to me and hoping to get the motivation to change my eating habits! im doing plenty of excersie and also registered for my first fun run in march and im so scared!! it an 8k run grrrr!! what am i thinking!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Been there done that with the plantar fasciitis a few years ago. I'm happy to say that I have no trace of it anymore, so take heart! I now walk between 6-12 miles per DAY with no problem whatsoever. Losing 90 pounds darned sure helped. Hang in there. It's worth it!!!
  • Capone007
    Capone007 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    From one horse lover/owner to another I hear you on the breeches! I about throw up every time i see photos of myself in them. I can see the progression of my weight gain as the competitions go on over time. Here's to better breeches photos! ha ha
  • ezrida
    ezrida Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi
    I have plantar fasciitis myself for a few months now. My podiatrist prescribed me with Custom made orthotics which did not work at all. I understood that treatment efficiency is very individual. If something works for one it will not always work for the other.
    I have found Taping very useful. Taping helps to relieve the pain, keeps your foot from getting injured again and helps you get through your daily routine and exercises. There is a good web-page explaining the subject in this informative website-
    http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/plantar_fasciitis_taping.html
    Take care & Good luck
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    thanks ezrida, I'll take a look!