Logging cardio & strength training combo dvd's?

SarahRuth♥
SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a number of workout dvd's by The Firm that combine cardio and strength training. They alternate, cardio then weights then back to some cardio, to get your heart pumping and keep it elevated so that you're burning more calories while strength training at the same time.

I have no idea how to log that! I don't want to log each individual exercise done in the strength training section, that would just be a pain in the butt! And I don't have a heart rate monitor or any way of knowing how many calories I am actually burning.

Today I did an hour of these dvd's and ended up logging a half hour of cardio under "aerobics - general" because I had no idea how to track what I actually did. I'd rather underestimate than overestimate if I am unsure, but I also want accurate tracking as much as possible. I feel like I'm guessing!!

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    The only way to know would be to get an HRM. I've done some similar workout DVD's and my calorie burn would change from each workout day since my body got use to it and didn't have to work as hard. I would've probably done the same with the 1/2 hour of cardio to be safe if I didn't have my HRM.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    I've never done these workouts but I do Biggest Loser dvds that have interval training with cardio and strength. I log it as circuit training. I know others log 30 Day Shred as circuit training also. Sounds like you could do the same with your workouts.
This discussion has been closed.