nutella...quick!

Options
dmmarie21
dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
haha. so, I just bought a jar of nutella today, and ugh, I want to eat it so bad. I bought it to try with the wonton wrapper idea, but, everyone is asleep and I don't want to use the oven because it is unbelievably loud (convection). Soooo...I am about to resort to eating this out of the jar in about 2.5 seconds. lol. The only fruit that I have are blueberries and black berries... Hmm.. ideas?
Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• ababygrace
    Options
    just eat it on some whole wheat toast, english muffin or waffle and if you want sprinkle the blueberries on top.
  • sandeeface518
    sandeeface518 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my favorite go to with Nutella is always whole wheat waffles. It's absolutely amazing.
  • rachelle322
    Options
    Girl just throw it on some whole grain toast. It will fill you up and satisfy that sweet tooth. I love love love Nutella! Good luck!
  • valligator
    valligator Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    nutella on bananas. :)
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    OMG i eat it with soft pretzels or those pretzel thins sooooo yummy,
  • hlhouse
    hlhouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Measure out blueberries and blackberries that fit your calories for the rest of your day, melt 2 tbsp of nutella in microwave and drizzle over berries
    Bet it'll be delicious and give you a chocolate fix without busting everything for the day - just know that 2tbsp of nutella is 200 calories
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Put in down on the ground, and step away slowly.................
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    love nutella! i buy those cocoa pops to go with them (kinda like a rice cake).
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Put in down on the ground, and step away slowly.................

Haha, probably the best idea, but, not gonna happen :laugh:

It has been a LONG time since I have had this. Maybe it won't be as I imagined. lol. But, I will have a very little bit (because I realize it is high in calories), maybe on toast, since I do not have waffles, although that sounds amazing!!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Oh hello sugar induced coma! I can't believe it says its healthy!! Hello? Tastes like a chocolate bar!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Oh hello sugar induced coma! I can't believe it says its healthy!! Hello? Tastes like a chocolate bar!

Hazelnuts and cocoa... Don't try and ruin our day Roy!!!

1 tablespoon nutulla, half a banana and a cup of blueberries. wrap in cling wrap and heat for 30 seconds... Warm, mushy, fruity and chocolately... Delish!
  • kuteinfaync
    Options
    ugh o nutella o so good high in cals! lol I have a jar in my cabinet! I've only had some once ince startingmy diet! yummy!!!
    o and I had it on the pepper ridge whole wheat thin bread
  • dmmarie21
    Options

Haha, well, it's not like I'm gonna eat the whole jar...well...maybe :bigsmile:

kidding of course, but, I can't deprive myself from everything; or I'm destined to fail....
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, and please don't take this as "judgey" but I have to jump on the anti-nutella bandwagon. It infuriates me that this is marketed as "healthy". The first two ingredients are sugar and oil.

If you must eat it, it's actually divine stirred into steel-cut oats with sliced banana.

But, it really is a paste-form candy bar, and for me eating a bit does end up with the whole jar.

Nowadays, I do the following sub: a jar of hazelnut butter (available at any health foods store), about a tablespoon of agave some cocoa powder, some vanilla extract and some cinnamon. Blend with a hand mixer, and then shove back in the jar. Delicious, better for you and a LOT less sugar.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Nowadays, I do the following sub: a jar of hazelnut butter (available at any health foods store), about a tablespoon of agave some cocoa powder, some vanilla extract and some cinnamon. Blend with a hand mixer, and then shove back in the jar. Delicious, better for you and a LOT less sugar.

Thank you!! I'm totally going to try that. =D
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

You are most welcome. That combo + a sliced apple = heaven!
  • Heatherhill
    Heatherhill Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hmm...me too. I always use the nutella on wholewheat toast as a way of topping up my calories. Homemade appeals to me even more so :)
  • transparentjelly
    Options
    omigosh yummmmy i love nutella and i cant stop eating it once i start!!:embarassed: bad i know but sooo good!!
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, and please don't take this as "judgey" but I have to jump on the anti-nutella bandwagon. It infuriates me that this is marketed as "healthy". The first two ingredients are sugar and oil.

If you must eat it, it's actually divine stirred into steel-cut oats with sliced banana.

But, it really is a paste-form candy bar, and for me eating a bit does end up with the whole jar.

Bump!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    I could just eat the whole jar with a spoon... in fact, that's why I don't get it anymore :sad:

Also, I was wondering, has enyone tried something that it's supposed to be a healthier alternative to Nutella, it's called "Rawtella"?

http://www.rawtella.com/rawtella-chocolate-sptead.html