protein help

Options
my protein keeps on coming out negative on my food diary, will that affect my weightloss alot?

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you intake more than they suggest? If so, no big deal :smile:
  • asm12707
    Options
    yeah i intake more then what it says my goal is.
  • swtkitty98
    Options
    It shouldn't if it's not too high. To find out your true low and high end for protein, take your current weight, and divide by 2.2. Take this figure and multiply by .7 to get the low end of protein. Take the figure again that you had before and multiply by 1.8 to get your high end. As long as you are within this range, you should be fine. Just don't exceed it, or the protein overworks your liver trying to process.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Mines 59-154, thanks swtkitty98!

I always eat a bit over, keeps me full. :smile:
  • asm12707
    Options
    thanks for your help!!!!!! i was freaking out. my first weigh in is coming up and i am worried about it.
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    It shouldn't if it's not too high. To find out your true low and high end for protein, take your current weight, and divide by 2.2. Take this figure and multiply by .7 to get the low end of protein. Take the figure again that you had before and multiply by 1.8 to get your high end. As long as you are within this range, you should be fine. Just don't exceed it, or the protein overworks your liver trying to process.

I think you meant too much protein hurts your kidneys, not your liver. But that has actually for the most part been proven as a myth, check out this article someone posted in the forums today : http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/15-worst-health-diet-myths
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Just don't go over your calories and all will be fine and dandy like sour candy.
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I notice that for me when i have a day that is low in protein i don't feel full for long after a meal and crave sugar and carbs. So yes, this would affect my weight loss. But it is a personal thing.
    If you are losing weight and feeling good and enjoying your food, then i think you should just stick with what your doing (as long as your not getting enough protein to live a healthy life). If you feel like your diet needs a change then try upping your protein and see if you feel a difference like feeling fuller for longer like i do.
    You could also sneak in a few low cal/high protein snacks in throughout the day like - a hard boiled egg-nuts (in moderation)-yogurt-cheese sticks
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    OH! i read the question completely wrong.
    Well no, i don't think there is a problem with having more protein than recommended here. As i said it helps me keep full :)
  • asm12707
    Options
    sorry i think i explained it wrong, i am eating too much protein.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Nope, as long as your calories are track, you're good. In fact, being over on your protein is definitely better than being under.