Trying again...

ramojean
ramojean Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I am 43 years old, and frustrated by my inability to lose weight. A friend of mine joined this website, and said nothing but good things about it. I hope that I can start getting myself in a little bit more shape so that I can be a better diabetic, but also so I can be around longer for my two beautiful nieces and my husband. I am a teacher, and I have two adorable dachshunds (who also need to get in better shape!).

Any support I can get would be very welcome. I want to lose about 90 pounds, although I have not started that yet. Right now, I am trying to integrate water and exercise...and am struggling with that as well. I hate water...and am not too fond of exercise unfortunately.

:smile:

Replies

• Friend requested you...here to help you on your weight loss journey.:flowerforyou:
  • Hi! Like you, I have a lot of weight to lose. It's a long hard road, so I try to take it 1 day at a time.

How about just walking the dogs for starters? It's something you'd both enjoy and just get's you moving everyday (an easy goal to start off with.) As for water, you can add a little lemon, orange, honey... something to make you like it more, at least in the beginning! I once read a tip that a woman got 8 tiny silver bangles and would move one to her other arm for each glass of water she would drink during the day. It was a lovely reminder for her to take care of herself. I thought it was a great idea (and am a sucker for jewelry!)

Good Luck!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Keep trying till it sticks and take it one meal at a time :smile:
  • saraeyster
    saraeyster Posts: 14 Member
    This is a great place to begin your journey:) So much positive here, and if you fall off on your way just keep going with it. Water was hard for me also to incorporate into my daily life because I thought I did not like it either. Just get yourself one of those refillable mugs fill it with tons of ice and water and just drink on it all day, this is what I have done and it helps me a lot. Also find an exercise that you enjoy, mine is walking. While I can walk any where: around my neighbor hood, the park, the mall, or just any where. Start small do not try to change everything at once. Try adding in some walking this week and at least 1-2 glasses of water a day this week then bump it up next week. You can do this, we all can do this; you just have to take it one day at a time:)
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    YOU GOT THIS!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.