what is everyones daily caloric goals?

myfitnesspalusername
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I noticed you can choose, just wodering what to set it to?:smile:

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Mine is set to 2000, which is on target to lose 1/2 pound a week. Before that, it was set to 1570 (1.5 pounds a week), then 1750 (1 pound a week). The closer I get to my goal, the slower I'm going, to make sure that my metabolism keeps up.
  • Mine is set to 1200 a day. Which I find hard to do but I'm doing it!!
  • mine is 1200 to lose 1.5 pounds a week
  • Mine is set to 1200 a day. Which I find hard to do but I'm doing it!!

i feel your pain on the 1200... depending on what i eat there are days that i just feel like i am starving at the end of the day. also, if i forget to pack a lunch for work, then with the few choices that i have to eat on my lunch break, most of those options blow through my goal for the day. by the time i get home from work, usually around 10 pm after picking the kids up from grandmas house, there is no way to even get in a workout to make up for it! It gets frustrating at times
  • escobar9300
    escobar9300 Posts: 15 Member
    2290 a day at 2lbs a week
  • I did the automatically generated by the program. It gave me 1200 a day for 2 lbs a week. But I exercise so I can eat about 1500 or so. It gives me extra calories for exercise. I have about 40 more lbs to lose. I've lost about twenty, twelve of them on MFP. I like the previous poster's method of slowing the weight loss as he gets closer to goal to keep his metabolism up. I was unaware of that method. Sounds logical.
  • calculate your BMR and then select how much you want to lose each week. everyone is different depending on their activity level. Mine is 1500 to lose 1.5/week not counting my working out.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    1850 calories per day.
  • So what does 1200 cals of food look like?
    (you dont have to answer if its too private:embarassed: )
  • If you eat natural foods without preservatives and crud in it, you can eat QUITE a bit!
    47946 Posts: 4 Member
    Mine is 3470 and that is to loose weight. But i'm a giant 6-8 and a big frame. Good luck to all. I just started and like the web site but thought it was more like facebook. I have a friend that told me about it but have no friends yet, but only been 3 days.
  • great, thank you everyone :smooched:
    So I'll set it to 1200.?. :smile:
  • 1200...doctor's orders
  • great, thank you everyone :smooched:
    So I'll set it to 1200.?. :smile:

Do not just set it to 1200!! It completely depends on your current weight, whether you are a man or woman and it depends on how active you are!
    http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/bmr.htm

Do it with knowledge of what you are doing... not a guess! This is for long term health.
    try that calculator.
  • After you have figured out what your body needs to MAINTAIN... that is where you subtract calories from each day. 3500 = 1lb
    Example: to maintain I need to eat 2100 calories,
    I want to lose 1 calories a week (ish) so I multiply 2100calories by 7 to figure out what my entire week is.
    Then I subtract 1pound worth of calories (3500)
    I use that information to make a 1 lb deficit in my caloric intake.
    14700-3500=11200

Then of course divide that by 7 to determine what I am eating per day in order to lose 1 pound a week.
    Grand total= 1600 calories/day
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    I'm 5'3" and its set on 1200 (without exercise) to lose 1.4lbs per week....it won't go under 1200cals automatically so I guess that is the most "it" will let me lose a week ;P
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Mine is also on 1200 calories to lose 1.5 pounds per week. I also eat back about half of my exercise calories, so I eat around 1300-1400 calories usually.

It works. I lost 1.6 pounds last week! You can look at my food diary if you like to see what I have been eating. I personally do not feel that it is too little food because when you eat healthy stuff like veggies, you can get a lot more than the processed junk. :flowerforyou:
  • Mine is also on 1200 calories to lose 1.5 pounds per week. I also eat back about half of my exercise calories, so I eat around 1300-1400 calories usually.

It works. I lost 1.6 pounds last week! You can look at my food diary if you like to see what I have been eating. I personally do not feel that it is too little food because when you eat healthy stuff like veggies, you can get a lot more than the processed junk. :flowerforyou:

Your diary- just looking at it- comes off as very empty ;) Not because you eat little but because of the way it is entered. Lets not scare her away ;) hehe
  • mine is 1350 to lose 2 pounds a wee to start
  • Mine is 1200 a day.
This discussion has been closed.