Health screening NSV plus pics!!

Options
frankbo25
frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
I took a hidden health screening at my job for my insurance recently. They checked cholesterol, glucose, blood pressure, waistline, and triglycerides.For those who dont know, when i started on MFP back in April 2010 I weighed 270 lbs. I have lost 78 lbs since thanks to P90x and MFP. I have never had my glucose, cholesterol, or triglycerides checked before so I have no previous numbers for those although Im sure the numbers were not good.

I am sharing my results because I'm very proud of the changes I've made in my life and hope that my story can inspire at least one person to change, everyone here on this site has taken at least the first step and I personally know that there are tons of inspiring,positive people here that are willing to help in anyway they can. So stick with it and never give up!!

The results:

Waistline = 35 (highest measurement was 46)

Blood Pressure = 114/78 (highest 171/90 and prevously was on meds for hypertension)

Cholesterol Total = 130 mg/dL (target range 125-200)

HDL(good) Cholesterol = 49mg/dL (target greater than or =40)

Triglycerides(measures efficiency of body to process fat) = 51mg/dL (target less than 150)

LDL Cholesterol(bad)= 71mg/dL (target less than 130)

CHOL/HDLC RATIO = 2.7 (target less than or equal to 5)

Glucose(blood sugar) = 83mg/dL (target range 65-99) I am very high risk for diabetes being that it runs in my family on both sides so this number makes me happy..

here are some pics for those who have not seen them:

270+ pounds:
270lbs.jpg

Taken new years eve, 192lbs:
DSCN2112.jpg

WAR EAGLE BABY!!! sorry but I had to do it..
DSCN2142.jpg

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look GREAT!! And that's one hell of a NSV!!! :drinker:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    haha nice touch! Congrats on all your success! GOO YOU!
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    WOW!!! Really awesome numbers! You must be really proud of yourself. Pics look great =)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    What a great turn-around! Be proud of the hard work and revel in your success! Thanks for sharing.
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    Bringing ALL the sexy to MFP! Niiice numbers, dude! *call me!* ;)
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    God Bless YOU!!! You look fantastic!
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • TulsaTim
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!! BTW may I ask how tall you are? I am 5'11" and been struggling with what my overall goal should be. The BMI says I should be 180 but I never liked being that thin. I was thinking about 190-200 would be what I want and you look great at 192 and I am guessing by your pics that you are somewhere in that range.

Your weight journey is what I want mine to be. I started at almost the exact same weight and the have the exact goals. I found this post very inspiring. THANK YOU!!!!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hope to be where you are one day! Almost same exact starting weight.
  • LoseItCorinne
    Options
    Seriously.. Congrats! 78 pounds is huge. you should be very proud of yourself. How do you feel? physically?
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    wow! What a great success, you look so good rite now!!
  • frankbo25
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!! BTW may I ask how tall you are? I am 5'11" and been struggling with what my overall goal should be. The BMI says I should be 180 but I never liked being that thin. I was thinking about 190-200 would be what I want and you look great at 192 and I am guessing by your pics that you are somewhere in that range.

Your weight journey is what I want mine to be. I started at almost the exact same weight and the have the exact goals. I found this post very inspiring. THANK YOU!!!!

I agree 170-180 is too small for me too, Im also 5'11" thanks
  • frankbo25
    Options
    Seriously.. Congrats! 78 pounds is huge. you should be very proud of yourself. How do you feel? physically?
    I am very proud, I feel great physically, I am much stronger, faster, and my stamina is waaay higher
  • frankbo25
    Options
    Bringing ALL the sexy to MFP! Niiice numbers, dude! *call me!* ;)

Im gonna call ya baby, I already got ya number and everything;) Love you!!
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Well done! What a difference :)
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful news for you and your health -- and a great success story for everyone as well!
  • frankbo25
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words!!!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    wow!! You look fantastic!
  • denise309
    Options
    Im a nurse and all I can say is WOOT WOOT
    Great job and congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!