I USED TO BE FAT 90 LBS IN 4MONTHS!

Options
I wish I did!

But my friend told me about this new show called "I used to be fat" and this one lady on there lost 90lbs! In 4 months and a lot
Of people always say its impossible I wanna do it in six! She did it in four

This proved alotta people wrong that told me that....

Replies

• _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Well I mean, look at the Biggest Loser, in a "Boot-Camp" type of atmosphere they lose 100+ lbs in around 10-12 weeks...so...it's definitely POSSIBLE but you have to make sure that if you are working every day, being active you HAVE to properly nourish yourself with clean, whole, protein-dense foods(dense enough to match your activity, not exceed it). If you go about it in an insane manner, you will hurt your body. But a lot of things are possible, girl! Just make sure you get medical advice about eating habits, exercise programs because you don't want to damage your health!!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    yes its doable but is it sustainable. Be interesting to see her again in 1, 2 and 3 years time! what was her starting weight? 90lbs on a 400lb woman is one thing but it would be a lot harder if you were only 90lbs overweight. Slower steadier loss really does win the race. If someone loses 90 in 4 months and another person takes 2 years I will put money on the person that took 2 years keeping it off a lot longer than the person that had quick results
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    yes its doable but is it sustainable. Be interesting to see her again in 1, 2 and 3 years time! what was her starting weight? 90lbs on a 400lb woman is one thing but it would be a lot harder if you were only 90lbs overweight. Slower steadier loss really does win the race. If someone loses 90 in 4 months and another person takes 2 years I will put money on the person that took 2 years keeping it off a lot longer than the person that had quick results

What this person said....
  • zowie717
    zowie717 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I watched that too. It was very inspirational to me, so therefore I am starting my own 90 day challenge for myself.. I started Monday, excerise 5 days a week, min time is 60 mintues, I am going to try to bump it up to 120 minutes after first week. and already on a good diet, I cant work out like that girl for 4 hours a day i think, but I can commit to 2 hours a day. Wish me luck!
  • anwickes
    anwickes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That sort of weight loss is absolutely ridiculous!!!
    To starve yourself that much, the body would be going into survival mode and would start to canabilise itself by eating muscle tissue. Let's not forget that we all aim to lose "Fat", not "Weight". There is a massive difference!!!

With less muscle mass, her body will burn less calories and as soon as she eats anything, she will gain weight as her body will grab hold of every single fat and sugar in that piece of food.

Trust me i've done it before.... Slimming pills do NOT work!! Starving yourself will NOT work!!

The only thing that WILL work is discipline and plenty of exercise.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    She didn't starve herself. She was actually working out in the gym anywhere from 4 to 8 hours a day. So she had to eat alot of protein and fiber. More than most of us do everyday. She had a dietian and doctors monitoring. She had to lose nearly 2000 calories a day I believe. They were on The View. She still has access to her trainer.

This is extreme exercise loss. It shouldn't be done solely on your own. You need highly trained people around you to make sure you are working out and eating properly because your body is being torn down and built back up.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    yes its doable but is it sustainable. Be interesting to see her again in 1, 2 and 3 years time! Slower steadier loss really does win the race.

I couldn't agree more. Quick results are one thing, but if you don't learn new healthy habits the weight will come right back on when the extreme exercise and dieting stop. A lifetime of maintenance is so much more impressive to me than a quick transformation.

Charmagne
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I saw her on The View yesterday, and she said she was working out 4-8 hours a day. I'm not sure about you, but I know I couldn't devote that much time to exercising. That's like a full time job, and I already have one of those LOL. Plus you lose lean body mass losing that much weight in so little time.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You can loose quite a bit of weight in 6 months, but I wouldn't put a time limit on the process. Not achieving that goal could be discouraging. I'm at my 11 month mark with weight loss. I don't have a definite time goal in mind. I'm prepared to take another year or year and a half to achieve my goal weight. I know that it takes time and I don't want to be loosing massive amounts of muscle with the fat. I know that it can be done, but I would just encourage you to slow down and just shoot for your health, not the numbers on the scale.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I saw her on The View yesterday, and she said she was working out 4-8 hours a day. I'm not sure about you, but I know I couldn't devote that much time to exercising. That's like a full time job, and I already have one of those LOL. Plus you lose lean body mass losing that much weight in so little time.

I saw this particular episode as well, but was not aware of The View interview...it makes me feel better she was working out as much as you say because the show made me very annoyed. I realize she was 18 and I am almost 10 years old her than her at this point, but SLOW AND STEADY wins the race! Please be healthy with your body, losing weight that quickly is very hard on the organs. The people from the Biggest Loser are under CONSTANT doctors supervision, please keep that in mind and good luck with your journey.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I'm proof :) 110lbs in 11months.

It is easy and self-comforting to say "she will gain it all back...she hasn't learned lifelong nutrition...yada yada". That is merely an attempt to justify future short-comings, rather than to recognize the amount of work these people on the show have put in to accomplish such a task. Not everyone can dedicate themselves to such a drastic life-change and be continually successful, some take small steps to achieve their goal, and that's great. Let's not forget reality....the reality of HARD work, physical & mental. Use these shows as motivation and a documented display of human ability.

I've been maintaining for 10 months, and will have reached 1 year of maintenance this coming March. :happy:
  • kuteinfaync
    Options
    I seen that show on mtv and it is possible! Her first week she onl lost 1pound from not taking in enough calories! She felt like she was eating to much and her trainer pressured her to eat more! Within the next 2wks she lost 14 more pds. It is p[ossible! The show will be on again this week on mtv
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    All of you that have lost soo much weight and are keeping it off, is an inspiration to me. I am 61 and I feel that this may be the last time in my life that I will be able to get all of this weight off and keep healthy, which I am... currently by the doctor's estimation. These posts are wonderful!
  • tsb50158
    tsb50158 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Its like you mentioned the biggest loser. the reason they do loose so much weight is they do work out a great deal. thats also why so many many of them start to gain it back when they leave the ranch. The show changed up the way they do things now. They have to be taught how to handle this outside of the ranch. how to maintain the life changes. Because lets face it we are not going on a "diet. We are changing how we do things from the food we eat and how much we move to make this happen.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    yes its doable but is it sustainable. Be interesting to see her again in 1, 2 and 3 years time! Slower steadier loss really does win the race.

I couldn't agree more. Quick results are one thing, but if you don't learn new healthy habits the weight will come right back on when the extreme exercise and dieting stop. A lifetime of maintenance is so much more impressive to me than a quick transformation.

Charmagne
    ditto! Particularly on the: "A lifetime of maintenance is so much more impressive to me than a quick transformation." part!:wink:
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know this feed is old and i wonder how everyone is doing truthfully. I have lost 65 lbs in 90 days before kept it all off for 5 years until i became pregnant again. Did it again but not so much weight gain this time. Usually 85 lbs. My last son i moved out of the country had no support and gained more and more. 10 years of holding on to the baggage. Now as of jan 1st 2012 i decided to start again for real with purpose and nobody is more important than me. Ive lost 25 lbs since the new year, less than 40 days. Ive reduced my calories under 1000 a day and the days you exercise you need to up them. Nevergo below 1000 unless with a doctors advice. Last times i did it i was excerising daily but im still not there, but 25 lbs in 40 days is great. I promised myef in march i would exercise more, my weight will be down and it shouldnt hurt so much.

My next goal is 250 middle of march. I could push it more but i am eating 3 times a day as recommended so your not starving yourself. I take vits alot of them. I dont eat processed carbs and no sugar.
    Sw:297
    Cw:272
    Gw:175 this may change

5' 10" female