Why can we NOT list housework as........

rhad
rhad Posts: 10
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
exercise or even strength training?? ----sorry if we are able to - I'm ONLY very new and have tried to list down housework and also hanging out laundry, but cant seem to be able to do so?:yawn:

Replies

• atampa
    atampa Posts: 57 Member
    i think you can under cardio
  • atampa
    atampa Posts: 57 Member
    its under cleaning
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    you can under cardio. I do it every saturday when i do my "extra" housework for the week (mopping, changing beds, bathrooms etc...)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    i think you can under cardio

She is right!
  • Katy213
    Katy213 Posts: 45
    I put it as light cleaning. But I really think that it depends what normal activity levels you have set on your profile whether you actually should or not. I add it because I have put down that I have a sedentary lifestyle (office based job). But if you have put down a more active lifestyle you have in effect already taken account of it. Just my opinion though. Good luck! x
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    You can under cardio.
    I don't list it personally, as its part of my everyday routines which I have included in my set up of being light active. If you have put sedentry, then I think its ok to list housework but if not, be careful, as you don't want to allow yourself calories that you have already been allowed. Hope this helps x
  • I am really not sure also but in my case I do not count house work, to me that is an everyday thing that just needs to be done anyway. I guess I just think it as an extra unless you are shoveling snow. I have also noticed that the calories burned is off a lot on this website for some people. I would invest in a good heart rate monitor that counts cals burned to wear when exercising. Me I have a bodybugg. Good luck
  • rhad
    cool thanks - wot do you mean under cardio??, I typed in hanging out washing-then hanging out laundry and it said no matches???

P.S under Cleaning ---where is that also?
    cheers
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    it is listed as
    Cleaning, light, moderate effort

under cardio
  • rhad
    cheers just found it!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.