Realities for me now...

Options
LokiFae
LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
So I was thinking about high school and college today, and how different my life was when I was there. So here are my realities now...

- I will never look like a supermodel. It just isn't in the cards. At the very best, I will have a figure like Marilyn Monroe like I did in high school (doesn't it suck that I didn't appreciate it then and was just embarrassed by my big hips and boobs? I had the exact same measurements and everything. Dang.)

- I just don't like mayonnaise. I just don't. And I never will, like I used to.

- I really like whole wheat...well, everything. I used to HATE wheat bread, pasta, all of it. Now if I eat white flour in anything, it just tastes SO disgusting.

- I am a mom. A snot-wiping, diaper-changing, sippy-cup washing mom. And I LOVE it. It's so much better than anything I was doing before, even if I pine for sleeping until noon and drinking all night. It's a lot more rewarding to wake up and see a smiling baby standing up in his crib than a drunk guy peeing on your couch. (Yeah, it's happened.)

- The things I yearn for now are running shoes and a new diaper bag, instead of designer shoes and purses. (Okay, I still yearn for shoes and purses, but I really want running shoes and a new diaper bag. My diaper bag is really...yucky.)

- I yell at kids on their bikes (or skateboards, or just walking, or rollerblading, or on their scooter, you get the idea) when they get too close to the car, or scream at each other in the alley, or...do anything that's annoying...And they actually listen.

There are more, I'm sure. But I was thinking about how different my life is and thought I'd share. What's changed in your life?

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    So I was thinking about high school and college today, and how different my life was when I was there. So here are my realities now...

- I will never look like a supermodel. It just isn't in the cards. At the very best, I will have a figure like Marilyn Monroe like I did in high school (doesn't it suck that I didn't appreciate it then and was just embarrassed by my big hips and boobs? I had the exact same measurements and everything. Dang.)

- I just don't like mayonnaise. I just don't. And I never will, like I used to.

- I really like whole wheat...well, everything. I used to HATE wheat bread, pasta, all of it. Now if I eat white flour in anything, it just tastes SO disgusting.

- I am a mom. A snot-wiping, diaper-changing, sippy-cup washing mom. And I LOVE it. It's so much better than anything I was doing before, even if I pine for sleeping until noon and drinking all night. It's a lot more rewarding to wake up and see a smiling baby standing up in his crib than a drunk guy peeing on your couch. (Yeah, it's happened.)

- The things I yearn for now are running shoes and a new diaper bag, instead of designer shoes and purses. (Okay, I still yearn for shoes and purses, but I really want running shoes and a new diaper bag. My diaper bag is really...yucky.)

- I yell at kids on their bikes (or skateboards, or just walking, or rollerblading, or on their scooter, you get the idea) when they get too close to the car, or scream at each other in the alley, or...do anything that's annoying...And they actually listen.

There are more, I'm sure. But I was thinking about how different my life is and thought I'd share. What's changed in your life?
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Yeah, motherhood changes us....ALOT! I look back on me before children and wonder who that person was...I don't know her AT ALL!!!!
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hhmm,

I used to party all the time, party all the time, party all the time
    now i wash all the time, clean all the time, sing silly nonsense songs all the time

I used to take off for a few days to sunny CA for some beach time
    now i take off dirty onesies from my baby who just spit up for the 10th time in a row

I used to have beer pong competition in the middle of the week that would last till 4am
    Now i fall alseep at midnight only to get up at 4am to feed and change baby

I used to spend hours wandering the mall with friends drinking starbucks and spending money
    Now Im lucky if i have enough moments in the day for a quick stop at walmart to find the cheapest deal

I used to eat what i wanted, when i wanted it with no consequence or second thought
    Now....im writing about it on MFP :tongue: