Evening cravings

Options
Good morning!

For an unknown reason, after a good dinner with good quantities, this week I was going into huge cravings in the evening! THe type that my stomac was hurting maybe 2 hres after dinner because I was hungry again.

How can I go by that and not fell down in the catch of eating a quick 300 cals snack?

Replies

• harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of chocolate milk sometimes. Its not too bad on the calories, but gives me the full feeling.
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Someone once suggested that I take a few days to log my hunger throughout the day. For instance, wake up at 7am on a scale of one to ten, how hungry am I? Then every 2 hours log your hunger on that scale. The point was to recognize the time of day when I was just starting to get hungry before I was RAVENOUSLY hungry. Once I did that the key was to find what foods were the best to eat at different parts of the day to keep me satisfied. I find that eating a small breakfast, mid morning snack (usually something filling like 15 almonds or an apple), lunch, mid afternoon snack (again something filling), dinner, that I'm not as hungry come dinner or after. I've never been a nighttime snacker but I would be so hungry by dinner that I would eat 2-3 portions because I couldn't get full. This way I'm not as hungry going into dinner so I eat slower and can fill up faster. Maybe if you try to balance out your day a bit then you won't feel as hungry later. Sometimes I notice people will eat so little during the day so that most of their calories can be used at dinner. It seems that balance doesn't work for hunger.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Sometimes just eatin a banana when you start craving something. It's healthy and low in calories. Try drinkin extra water when the cravings come on and if that doesn't work then eat a banana.
  • trixieflow
    trixieflow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    this works for me too.
    must be skim milk though - filling and it kicks my sweet and/or chocolate craving.
    sometimes even the sugar free jello puddings work. just depends on the day.
    and don't forget your water!
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    I would need to say, I tend to fall in salty things then, sugar just aren't my thing.
  • MayaPapaya64
    Options
    Banana or plain greek yogurt. If I have cravings, I try to eat something other than what I'm craving to determine if I'm really actually hungry or if I'm just being fooled by a sugar, carb, salt, or fat craving.

And drink lots of water :-)

I definitely experience the same thing!!
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

just spotted this. I actually just posted a topic on hunger!! greatm minds think alike ;-)

When are you exercising? it made a difference to me to eat right after or i was ravenous all day!! drinking lots of water also helps.. or spacing meals closer together.. if i get to the point of being really really hungry at any poj t during the day I find that I cant fill up all day.. but i have 5/6 meals a day anyway.. but thats just me!!

let me know how you get on!!
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    I like the salty snacks better than sugar as well. I usually try to save some calories for after-dinner snacks. I really like a serving of reduced fat ruffles smeared with mustard. It is high in sodium, but it sure hits the spot!
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    I do normally train at the end of the afternoon so just before dinner... THat is maybe why...

But I do drink a lot of water, I will try to have more maybe. :)