Anxious to weigh in?

Fgillies
Fgillies Posts: 194
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi guys, So i weighed in on monday (my first day) and ive been doing really good on my calories and workouts and im getting really anxious to weigh myself, im just afraid im setting myself up for dissapointment if i dont see my first 2 lbs!! Any suggestions how to get rid of this? Or has anyone had this experience, or even ideas how to overcome this?! Maybe i just should just deal with it- haha, i just thought i'd reach out and see what other thought!

Replies

• I have the same problem with be anxious on wanting to weigh myself. When I first started, I was weighing every Tuesday morning. Now I weigh on the 1st and 15th of every month. Boy, is it tough, but it keeps me challenged to exercise more.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you. You can add me as a friend. I will try my best to support you.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    I think a lot of people have this same issue, and it's definitely disappointing to not see any positive movement on the scale, but sometimes you won't if you've incorporated exercise into your plan and are gaining some muscle while you are losing fat.

I try to keep in mind that I don't necessarily want to lose weight, I want to lose fat, and you can't see those results on a day to day, or even week to week basis, it's something you, and others, will notice about yourself over a longer period of time.

If you're seeing pounds drop off the scale on a day to day basis then something is wrong, so weigh yourself if you're curious, but keep that in mind. You might even see it go up now and then, but stick with your plan and try not too worry much about it.
This discussion has been closed.