Peach Bruschetta

Options
Christie23
Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
I made these for some friends last night and they were sooooooo yummy. They're about 80 cals per slice, give or take, so I try to eat no more than two or three, max. But they really are just outstanding and all natural.

Take a whole wheat baguette and slice it into small rounds. You can opt to brush them with olive oil if you like, but toast in a 350 degree oven for about 5 or 6 minutes (until they start to brown). Meanwhile, slice up a couple of beautiful organic white peaches (thicker slices work better here but if you prefer to do thinner, you can just double up). Get a small package of soft goat cheese and put a little smear on each toasted round, top with a fresh peach slice and drizzle with a bit of local honey.

These are great to serve as an appetizer, or snack. But I served them as a light little dessert.

Replies

• LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Wow! Those sound delicious!
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    I made these for some friends last night and they were sooooooo yummy. They're about 80 cals per slice, give or take, so I try to eat no more than two or three, max. But they really are just outstanding and all natural.

Take a whole wheat baguette and slice it into small rounds. You can opt to brush them with olive oil if you like, but toast in a 350 degree oven for about 5 or 6 minutes (until they start to brown). Meanwhile, slice up a couple of beautiful organic white peaches (thicker slices work better here but if you prefer to do thinner, you can just double up). Get a small package of soft goat cheese and put a little smear on each toasted round, top with a fresh peach slice and drizzle with a bit of local honey.

These are great to serve as an appetizer, or snack. But I served them as a light little dessert.

Thank you - I am so doing this!!!! It sounds divine!!!:drinker:
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Yum! Who doesn´t like olive oil and baguette... plus peaches...
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    sounds amazing!
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    Yum! I love goat cheese!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

awesome! making this for sure!