Eye opener regarding Weighing on a scale vs. measuring with

Options
RMinVA
RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
I recently revisited this video for a blog post that I am working on. I shared it before on another webiste and it was a real eye opener. It is a good visual on the caloric differences of weighing food on a scale vs. using a measuring cup. You may be sabotaging your own weight loss efforts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

If the hyper link does not show up, just cut and paste. Hope it helps!! I began weighing everything again myself after the first of the year. I will add that you don't necessarily need to weigh EVERYTHING, but think about using it for calorie dense foods like rice, pasta, nuts, cheese, oatmeal, PB, etc.

Replies

• princess4mimi
    Options
    I'm gonna have to check that out. Thanks ahead :drinker:
  • aharmeson
    Options
    Thats a good video!!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Now that was interesting. I got a scale recently. I think I will start weighing it all rather than using a measuring cup. I actually level them out and that can still be over.
  • Lacole216
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that information. :smile:
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    oh my! i need to invest in a scale.
  • MsRaeJ
    MsRaeJ Posts: 16
    Options
    Great video Regina, thanks for sharing! I totally do that "if it fits, it counts"! I just realized today that I was under 20 cals on the baby carrots that I logged yesterday because I just counted out a serving rather than measuring them.....when I measured it out I had to take 4 carrots away.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Great video Regina, thanks for sharing! I totally do that "if it fits, it counts"! I just realized today that I was under 20 cals on the baby carrots that I logged yesterday because I just counted out a serving rather than measuring them.....when I measured it out I had to take 4 carrots away.

"You know you lick the spoon" - LOL!! See you on FB and can't wait to see you in March!!