Ever felt like this?

Options
Anyone else get the feeling i want to be at my goal NOW! I've already lost 70lbs over the last year, but recently its bothering me for some reason. All i can think about it what can i do to speed it up.

I know i didnt gain weight overnight so it wont come off over night, anyone else feel like this? It's like i have the mind set to do it but my goal isnt coming quick enough :)

I guess all i can do is take it one day at a time.

Replies

• sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    EVERYBODY feels like this.:smile:
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    What she said^ ^ ^ ^
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I know your feeling. I was the same way around the 3/4 done mark. I just got a Year End graph from my exercise site and you can see on the chart how much more I was exercising around that time. It'll happen and great job so far.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I definitely have this feeling from time to time. I just try to focus on how far I've come and how much better I feel from working out and eating right. You've made incredible progress so far, so give yourself a giant pat on the back for it! This feeling will pass.
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    we all feel this way....cant come soon enough...but as you said we didn't gain it overnight its not gonna go off that fast either....one day at a time and we will succeed.....best of luck....we will do this!
  • ganayasmith
    Options
    yes i have felt like that for years but thats the reason i couldn't get the weight off i wanted a quick fix, but like u said take it one day at a time and think about how far you've come, you cant turn back now, you can do it!!!!!
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Glad i'm not alone on this one. Thanks alot for the great advice. Here's to another year!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I feel this way often, then I just repeat to myself how far i have gotten and maybe pull out some OLD pics to compare and motivate me. Also i am much healthier now, so i can also think about that. You can do it!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I totally feel like this........have lost 66# in 1 yr, and after revising my goal, i have 16# to go and i want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I totally understand, I was well on my way and had an injury on 12/31/09 that took me down for 7 months last year and I put 35lbs back on and I'm 7 away from losing what was gained and it can't come fast enough because then I have the rest to focus on :wink:

We will all get there :drinker:
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Yep I can totally relate - I've only just started and I'm already impatient to get to my goal... I'm hoping this will keep me striving even through the hard times but I guess we'll see!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Try not to fall into the trap of believing that once you hit a specific weight there will be some massive change. To be honest, once you reach your goal weight you probably won't be as satisfied as you think you'l be. If you put too much importance on one specific number, it can take the enjoyment out of the process. You've already lost a lot. Keep at it, but enjoy the progress you've already made.
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    You're looking awesome tate, your picture is how i wanna end up lol
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ive been there RedKoala. It just liek the other obstacles that you have encountered along this journey. Move it out of the way and stay focused. The I want my goal weight now is just a stumbling block to make yourself doubt.

Stay motivated by the little stuff not the end goal
  • mr27545
    Options
    You said it man: take it one day at a time! Some days are easy and some days are harder than others. But the main thing is to keep moving towards the goal. If we get down or knocked down, we gotta get back up and keep moving in the right direction.