Sodium

kerikitkat
kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
I switched my profile over to show sodium instead of fat. Shocker! About 1/2 the time I'm close to the recommended, but the other 1/2 the time I'm hugely over! Yikes. And the kicker is I've always avoided excess salt. Before I met my husband I didn't use salt on anything and now I still rarely do. I buy reduced sodium soups and broth, etc. I don't even want to imagine what my husband's intake looks like.... the man really loves Ramen.

Some stuff is so insidious though. How can there be 1000mg in a slice of apple pie and yet only 150mg in the extremely salty tortilla chips we've got?

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    I switched my profile over to show sodium instead of fat. Shocker! About 1/2 the time I'm close to the recommended, but the other 1/2 the time I'm hugely over! Yikes. And the kicker is I've always avoided excess salt. Before I met my husband I didn't use salt on anything and now I still rarely do. I buy reduced sodium soups and broth, etc. I don't even want to imagine what my husband's intake looks like.... the man really loves Ramen.

Some stuff is so insidious though. How can there be 1000mg in a slice of apple pie and yet only 150mg in the extremely salty tortilla chips we've got?
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    I have the same problem. I do perfect on everything else except sodium. I have found that alot of low cal-low fat products have more sodium in them to make up for taste, so I think that is alot of the problem. The other day I had 2 fat free turkey hot dogs and those alone made me go over in sodium for the whole day. I figure if i'm doing good on everything else and i'm still losing weight then I'm not going to let going over in sodium ruin my day.:glasses: