Muscle Confusion: QUESTION

Options
Alrighty!
I understand that i the quickest way to trim fat and build muscle is mixing up the workouts to keep the body from getting too used to any one thing.

Could you guys share with me what you have been doing as your "weekly plan"? As well as how that has been working out for you? I'm looking for tips on how many times a week I should be doing what and how many times a week I should be at rest for optimum success. I'm very serious about moving forward and I'm trying not to get frustrated by my recent plateau.
Thanks everyone for you advice/help!

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I usually do lifting 3 - 4 times a week, treadmill speed intervals once a week and Cardio / abs 3 times a week. I mix up workout avery month.
    I got this from P90X , so noe I mix everything I do up every month.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    A good mix of resistance (weight) training, cardio, interval, and conditioning. Start 2-3 days a week, and go with how your body is feeling in response to what you are doing. If you are feeling overly sore, or exhausted, combined with a high RHR ( resting HR), take it down a notch. If you're feeling good, push yourself a bit more.

I belong to the local YMCA, and love the social aspect of the group exercise classes. Here is an example of my weekly workout schedule:
    monday-cross training/interval training. ( I really try to max out with weights or weigth bearing exercises)
    tuesday-cardio step
    wednesday-kickboxing ( conditioning level, which pushes the anerobic threshold)
    thursday-if I feel like I am well rested, I will do low level cardio, or just go for a walk or hike.
    friday- strength and tone, moderate weight, high reps.
    saturday--again, if i feel like it, cardio. Usually I will do something recreational with my children: sledding, ice skating, hiking.

I just try to mix it up enough that I don't get bored, and that feels like a progression to my body! HTH!