New P90X Article

Options

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!

1. COMMIT "Make an appointment with yourself to exercise. When you wing it, you won't do it. If you plan it, you will. Get a calendar and X out every day you work out. Try to collect at least 22 X's in a month. I tell people you need to exercise more than two or three times a week. If you want to see change you've got to work out four days at the least, ideally six to seven times."

2. HAVE PURPOSE AND PATIENCE "It's not about the scale and it's not about what you expect other people to think about you in your clothing at a reunion — or a family gathering or a wedding. It's about getting healthy. And being patient. Stick to your plan."

3. REST "Sleeping is healing, and most of us in this modern world don't get enough of it. If you're a person with a lot of stress in your life, get seven to eight hours of sleep. Also, get some active rest. Go for a walk. Not every workout needs to be so intense that you're sweating bullets and sore for three days."

4. EAT CLEAN "We are what we eat. Jack LaLanne is 96 years old not only because he works out so hard; it's also because if man makes it, he doesn't eat it. Cut out refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed animal products and simple carbs."

5. FIND THE FUN "If P90X isn't your deal, take a naked Ping-Pong class, I don't care what it is, just be active."