Need some suggestions......

AngieRevised
AngieRevised Posts: 61
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am a busy Mom of 3 (sports sports sports), Work full time (7 miles from home) love to Run and Dance. Does anyone have some creative ideas on how to squeeze in the excercise to an already hectic schedule? Oh, and I get bored fast with excercise......Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Since you love to dance, you could put together about 4 different 30 minute "LOVE THIS SONG" Dance playlists ( so you don't get bored with the music!), and just have your own dance party. You can incorporate weights into it for added benefit! Wear a heart rate monitor, which will help you gauge what your level of intensity is. If you need a rev in HR, add some lunges, jumping jacks and push ups! Watch some dance videos on Youtube, and brush up on the latest hip hop moves in front of the mirror!~

Since you love to run, just do mini runs as often as you can. Have 10 minutes? put on your shoes and run! you don't have to work up a sweat to enjoy the benefit of a quick run!
  • We just got the Wii gaming system....and believe it or not you can get some great exercise in and be playing sports games with your kids. There are so many different games you won't get bored.
  • my wife and kids have incorporated "dance time" 20 minutes non-stop high energy dancing, when i get home from work, it's fun it's a good cardio workout and it's something we can do together.
  • countryrunner
    countryrunner Posts: 62 Member
    I'm a huge fan of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Three different levels of workouts and each one is only 20 minutes. I think just about everyone can find 20 minutes in their day to squeeze in a workout. Don't be fooled by how short it is though. It's a pretty tough workout.
  • Holy Cats!
    Great Suggestions, Thanks Guys!
This discussion has been closed.