Mediterranean Diet

Options
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/11-week-plan-body-diet-dilemma-pt-1

I was watching Dr Oz yesterday and he did a show on diet plans picked according to your body type. They said that if you have global "fluff" or are "fluffy" all over you should follow a Mediterranean Diet with 1/2 the carbs and twice the veggies, along w/ replacing meat with fish 3xs a week? It sounds like a good idea.

Any input? Ideas for meals--especially breakfast-- with this criteria?

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended this to me too and it is easy to do and my kids love fish so it's a bonus for all of us. I eat egg whites with veggies for breakfast or fruit and yogurt and believe it or not whole wheat cous cous with fruit is good too. My only suggestion is plan ahead. You can grill veggies and refrigerate and then pull out as needed, hummus is delicious on grilled veggies.

I would bet if you go to the dr. oz website they will have plenty of ideas to start with.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    just went there and if you click on recipe tab you can put weight loss in as one of the recipe options and a ton of mediterranean recipes will come up :wink:
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Would South Beach Diet Recipes work also??
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Great Topic and perfect timing!

I've been craving the "bright" flavors of Greek food for a week or so now and this morning added two Greek meals to our menu for next week. Will definitely check out the link you posted and see what else I can find!