Really? Sledding as exercise?

Options
Since we got some snow last night, we might take the kids sledding tonight. I'm excited that I can put that as exercise!!! I guess i have to be the one that actually goes down the hill and has to walk back up though, huh?? Walking up hill in the snow IS a workout!

I guess i was just surprised that it was listed, LOL! Those of you that have snow....GO SLEDDING!!!

Replies

• shanekmh
    Options
    I work at a ski area, and yes, walking up (and down) hill in the snow IS an exercise! After my first day, I couldn't believe how sore I was and have lost about 4 lbs since I started working there! :D
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    I plan on doing that very soon :) I love it, plus it really is one of the best workouts! Especially walking up the huge hill we use!~
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Doing that tonight!
    :laugh: Didnt know that was listed either!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you use an old-school wood and metal sled instead of a plastic one, imagine the increase in calories burned!

I grew up in the age of plastic sleds, but we had oldies that my Mom would pick up at yard sales. They were fantastic. So much better than the new ones. But pulling them back up the hill was EXHAUSTING!
  • deandp371
    Options
    Shoveled for an hour - at a moderate pace. Surely that burns up a few! 20" of fairly packed snow here on the CT shore