Ahhh! I need some friends to keep me on track!! :)

Options
Hi! I'm Aubrey, I'm 25 from Snow Country NY. I am currently 100ish pounds overweight. I've joined a gym, and joined their very intense weight loss challenge. On my off days from the gym (or if I'm going to have an easy day at the gym) I do EA Active for the Kinect. Right now i've got myself on a pretty lax 1,200cal/day diet. Lax meaning that I'm not very good at know "what" to eat. I keep my calories where the need to be, but I need to learn more about food and my body to know what I should be putting in there at that 1,200/day. My trainer said something about 800-1,000cal/day and I think that's just nuts, so until he shows me that it isn't, I'm sticking to 1,200

I'm a wife, a mother, and I run a hotel. I'm pretty busy and need some friends to keep me motivated and not let me quit! I'll keep you motivated too!

Nice to 'meet' everyone, and good luck on your journeys!

Replies

• Terriberry
    Options
    hi there. let's motivate each other. I have about 100 pounds to lose too. Let's do it to gether. Add me as a friend.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I added you, annndd, I'm ALSO in the hotel biz. Currently I'm just a measly ol' night auditor, but I think within the year I'll become the Assistant GM/Front Office Mgr. Any tips on becoming successful?!
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I added you, annndd, I'm ALSO in the hotel biz. Currently I'm just a measly ol' night auditor, but I think within the year I'll become the Assistant GM/Front Office Mgr. Any tips on becoming successful?!

YAY! I love working NA, btw. I think it's fun, all the crazies come out at night! It's a crazy business, huh? I don't really have any tips...Just work hard, and learn as much as you possibly can!! I worked my tail off, and LOVE the business, loved learning everything I could about it, went from GSA to GM in three years (at 24) with no previous work in the industry!! :)
  • chantalicious
    Options
    We are already friends but it was great to read your story. Anyone else who posts here, feel free to add me as well!
  • tawilliams10
    Options
    Hey there! I'm with you on that whole not really sure what to eat but I have some really good recipes I can share with you just don't know how to get them to you. If you know then I'll be more than happy to share them with you. I'm a googler some people bing not me I google all day everyday so I'm constanly searching new foods, tasty low cal meals that are good for me but tasty for my children. But I have read that you can never go wrong with fresh fruits and veggies because they have such a low calorie count plus they fill you up. So with dinner eat about 3-4 servings of veggies and you'll see that you wont need a starch to fill you up. Also When it comes to meals think about preparation and portion control that really helps. Eat more of the healthy so you'll be to full to eat the junk. But any how I'll keep you motivated because it'll motivate me. Plus I can share with you any new things I come across on google. :) Hope you have much success in you journey to a healthy happy you!
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm with you on that whole not really sure what to eat but I have some really good recipes I can share with you just don't know how to get them to you. If you know then I'll be more than happy to share them with you. I'm a googler some people bing not me I google all day everyday so I'm constanly searching new foods, tasty low cal meals that are good for me but tasty for my children. But I have read that you can never go wrong with fresh fruits and veggies because they have such a low calorie count plus they fill you up. So with dinner eat about 3-4 servings of veggies and you'll see that you wont need a starch to fill you up. Also When it comes to meals think about preparation and portion control that really helps. Eat more of the healthy so you'll be to full to eat the junk. But any how I'll keep you motivated because it'll motivate me. Plus I can share with you any new things I come across on google. :) Hope you have much success in you journey to a healthy happy you!

I'm with you on google! My hubs calls me a google *kitten*. I hate all other search engines! LOL