Ready to get my life back...

Options
I'm in my mid 20's and until very recently had no problems with my weight. However, in the past three years I've put on a ton of weight and I'm ready to lose it. I am 5'4 and currently weight 194, I'd love to get down to about 125-130 but motivation is a tricky son of a gun and always seems to fail me after a couple of days! Any motivation you all can give would be wonderful! I'm looking to make a life change, not just for a few years and then gain the weight back! Looking forward to hearing from some of you!

Kristen

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I can totally relate! If it's going to work it has to be a lifestyle change! And I don't know of any real ways to motivate except think of all the reasons you want to do this. Right them down, and maybe post of picture of you at your happiest (regardless of size) and strive to get back to being that person. When I exercise everything else in my life falls into place...I feel like a better mom, wife, and want to eat better. This site will definitely hold you accountable and allow you to reach your dreams if you are honest and work to do it.

P.S. Friend me if you would like. We are similar in many ways...I'm 28, 5'5, currently 179...but gaining (I'm pregnant). In 5 months I will be hitting the site hard again to lose this baby weight, but right now I'm counting to make sure I don't go overboard with my cravings. I also want to end up around 135-140!
  • Curt2u
    Curt2u Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome Kristen. My wife, a couple friends and I recently joined MFP and all of us have found it to be an excellent tool. Ironically the friend that turned us on to the site had joined to GAIN weight. He is one of those high metabolism guys that needs 3500 calories to gain anything. He sucks. lol!

Anyway, you will do fine. Good luck to you.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Oh, just saw you are a KY girl! Me too, I'm from a tiny town called Springfield, but lived in Lexington once I graduated high school! I live in OH now...booo....
  • milart
    milart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HELLO I TOO HAVE JUST JOINED AND LIKE YOU HAVE DECIDED TO START LIVING A MORE HEALTHIER LIFE STYLE. I HAVE GAINED OVER 100 LBS OVER THE LAST 2 YRS AND AM TIRED OF NOT HAVING THE ENERGY I ONCE HAD. LOSING WEIGHT IS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS I HAVE COME ACROSS IN MY LIFE AND REALLY IS AN ADDICTION DESPITE WHAT SOME PEOPLE MAY SAY AND THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT AN ADDICTION IS BY HAVING A GOOD SUPPORT SYSTEM IN PLACE TO KEEP YOU MOTIVATED AND ENCOURAGED. I AM LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD PEOPLE HERE THAT WILL PART OF MY SUPPORT SYSTEM.

I WISH YOU MUCH SUCCESS ON YOUR WILLING DETERMINATION TO ACHIEVE YOUR WEIGHT LOST GOAL.

REMEMBER ONE DAY AND ONE BITE AT A TIME!