Coffee?

Options
I can not live without coffee, and french vanilla cream. It is physically impossible!! Anyone know what the best FV cream to use is? :)

Replies

• chantalicious
    Options
    If and when I drink coffee which is only about once a week. I go for fat free milk. You should really try to cut out the coffee and replace with water but I'd suggest using the sugar free or fat free Vanilla creamer. Make sure you measure out one serving and add it to your tracker.

Good luck!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee, so I've been using Splenda and the powdered creamer in it (I get yummy flavors of creamer). There is a fat free french vanilla creamer that I just bought. One teaspoon is only 10-15 calories I think. So you get the flavor without the calories. Add some skim or soy milk too. I like using Vanilla Light Silk, give it a bit of flavor. My cups of coffee come out to 15-20 calories each with these swaps.
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    I drink mine with Milk only. Use to use a lot of sugar, although a spell of being to broke helped break the sugar habit.
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    Coffee with Splenda and half-and-half. I know, not the most healthy combo, but I figure with the little amount I use (about a Tbsp) in each cup, I am doing OK. :smile:
  • legend1973
    Options
    My weakness is International Delights Vanilla Caramel Toffee Creamer, one tablespoon is 40 calories and I usually take 4 to my coffee twice a day... but at work I drink it black.
  • smilestb99
    Options
    If I drink coffee, I have it decaf and black, but usually stick to herbal teas. Maybe try some vanilla almond milk and some stevia (natural 0 calorie sweetener).
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    If this is something you absolutely love, why stop? Make adjustments somewhere else. If you deprive yourself you are putting yourself on a "diet" and no one ever sticks to those. Assuming you want to make this a healthy lifestyle, so keep what you love (and keep track of it) and make the adjustments where you are most comfortable and can stick to.

PS--I treat myself to half and half once in a while--I love coffee too! I also refuse to give up my favorite blue cheese salad dressing--I just make adjustments elsewhere during the day.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Unless you have sensitivities to caffeine there is nothing wrong with coffee in moderation. I have between 16oz and 24oz each morning.

I drink mine black but my mom uses fat free or sugar free International Delight French Vanilla.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    legend1973 -Thank you!!!

I love International Creamers! And-I use 3-4 TBSP a day on it. That is totally worth it to me-to have that one treat every morning to get me going. I look forward to it! I know that a lot of people on here knock it-but I am going to KEEP my coffee (everyone at work will thank me, haha!) and have my flavored creamer also:)
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    Coffee is another one of those controversial items that some claim are the devil and others claim are healthy and good for you. I've seen plenty of research showing that coffee has healthy benefits; in moderation, of course. I'm a coffee drinker and enjoy mine with Hyvee brand non-dairy, powdered creamer and sugar. I don't use a lot, about a teaspoon of creamer and a half teaspoon of sugar. Both of them add in just a measly 18 cal's per cup. Oh, and you can either add in a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla or jusst buy vanilla flavored creamer.
  • scottandbriana
    scottandbriana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Addict here too. I get on kicks where I love creamer and half and half etc...
    I dropped all the sugar... just using splenda now
    I dropped all the creamers... just using 1% milk now. I am surviving.

As for a tip, have you tried the French Vanilla flavored syrup (sugar free)
    combined with milk yet? At least give it a try....
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone!! I know that I can't replace coffee with tea or water or anything else...Just won't happen. I usually use Coffee Mate FV but the other day I sent my hubs out for cream and he got International FV (not the FF SF kind, he forgets these types of things lol) and it's 53 calories/ big cup. I gotta find something better!! I'm gonna try the FF,SF kind!

I don't use any sugars, just flavored cream about 3/4 tbsp per 8oz cup.
  • smilestb99
    Options
    I agree that coffee has health benefits (lots of antioxidants), I myself only drink decaf if I have any and stick to herbal tea, because I get heart palpitations and UTI's if I have too much caffeine. Just make sure drink your alotted water for the day, because while there are plenty of health benefits, it does cause dehydration and can be harmful to the kidneys in large amounts. I still say try the vanilla almond milk- you may like it and you'd get less calories that putting in half and half. just a suggestion! :flowerforyou:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and I love the flavored coffee stuff, too. I have three cups of coffee a day. What I do is keep a teaspoon by where I make my coffee and I get a teaspoon per cup. Three teaspoons= 1 tablespoon and that is anywhere from 30 to 45 calories per day for the creamer (depending on flavor and brand).

Now over the holidays I had some half-n-half left over and I noticed that it is 45 calorier for 2 tablespoons, so I may switch to that instead.
  • Loki182
    Loki182 Posts: 31
    Options
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is addicted to coffee. Every morning I drink a large cup of coffee and when I first started using MFP I was terrified that I would have to give it up or cut back drastically, but once I looked it up and found out that a cup of coffee is only about 2 cal for every 8oz i knew I was going to be ok. lol

But I guess I am kind of the exception to the rule from what I have read in most of the posts. I don't ever use any cream or milk in my coffee just a little sugar. And that can easily be replaced by something healthier or I can just go back to drinking it straight black.

For some reason I just can't drink milk it makes me sick so I have always been used to drinking coffee without any kind of creamer in it.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut things out that I know I'm going to pick up again. This is not a diet to me, everything in moderation!

The best creamer for me is Coffee Mate Fat Free French Vanilla, only 25cals per T, but I measure it out and make sure that's all I use. I might have to try the vanilla soy milk sometime, I just know I won't drink it all fast enough before it goes bad..
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend got me one of those Keurig one cup coffee makers with the single "cups" that go in them for Christmas. I've been drinking Kahlua flavored, chocolate donut flavored, french toach flavored (all sugar free), gingerbread flavored, etc (with coconut milk & stevia)....as Will Ferrell said in Old School, "once it hits the lips...it's SOOOOOO good."
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Could you try flavored coffee, rather than flavored creamer?
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have to have my coffee every morning and then I pretty much do water the rest of the day. I use about a tablespoon of the chocolate powder creamer in mine and it is sweet enough I don't have to use any sugar at all.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend got me one of those Keurig one cup coffee makers with the single "cups" that go in them for Christmas. I've been drinking Kahlua flavored, chocolate donut flavored, french toach flavored (all sugar free), gingerbread flavored, etc (with coconut milk & stevia)....as Will Ferrell said in Old School, "once it hits the lips...it's SOOOOOO good."

I also don't think I could live without my Keurig!! :) It's my fave kitchen gadget. I've never liked flavored coffees. Ever. Maybe I'll have to try some of these.