Hello

Options
Not sure what to say, :blushing: I’m a 38 year old mother of 2 (small children) and I am very unhappy with ME! I change cloths 3 or 4 times each morning before I go to work and still feel uncomfortable. I want and need to loose a lot. It’s very hard to do when your food budget is minimal and you are always cooking in a hurry. But I am going to give it yet another shot. Thought this time maybe some support and encouragement might help. Along with a lot of prayer. :heart:

Replies

• babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to say, :blushing: I’m a 38 year old mother of 2 (small children) and I am very unhappy with ME! I change cloths 3 or 4 times each morning before I go to work and still feel uncomfortable. I want and need to loose a lot. It’s very hard to do when your food budget is minimal and you are always cooking in a hurry. But I am going to give it yet another shot. Thought this time maybe some support and encouragement might help. Along with a lot of prayer. :heart:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    We're here for you babiecuddles!

Some might even have some food tips for you. I know that my wife and I make
    a giant batch of low calorie chilli that we freeze in individual containers once a week.
    makes an extremely healthy, 350 calorie lunch that takes 3 minutes in the microwave
    and tastes GREAT! That and 1 time a week chicken soup that we make very similarly.
    anyway, Best of luck to you!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome, cuddles!
    I hear ya on the body image stuff. I struggle with that, too. I don't think you will find anyone here who doesn't! Keep your chin up. I'm sure you will find foods that are just as inexpensive and quick to prepare that are way better for you!
    Glad you spoke up! Welcome!
    Jenn
  • tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    Options
    babiecuddles,
    you've found the right place...really. The people here are just like you, and we know the difficulties you face. Not everyone is graced with looks, money and a free and easy life. To be honest, i don't want it, if it is anything like the spoiled starletts i see in the news, lol...
    One thing i have found, and maybe it will help...contrary to popular belief..buying fresh fruit and veggies, and fresh meats is much cheaper than buying all the prepackaged, frozen and canned convenience foods out there. The trick is you don't have to pay for all the advertising. Once you are able to make the time, making food from scratch will make a world of difference to that budget of yours. Just make sure you buy what you are going to use, so you don't throw it in the garbage...i had to learn that trick, lol.
    Anyways...enjoy yourself on this site, make friends, the rest will come...good luck.