THE Killer Cake

NeoPY
NeoPY Posts: 3
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Ok... Was at restaurant for this meeting on my lunch. Since I'm starting with counting calories, I'm not yet used to how much this or this should be in terms of calories... So I ate this chocolate cake which was... Argh! 830 calories. Even more than the meal I had.

So now, I'm seeking advice. I mean, I guess I'm not required to skip dinner tonite, but only 70 calories should remain for my day.

I usually spend between 150-200 with my daily workout... What do you recommend? Should I eat less tomorrow? Skip dinner? Do better with my workout?

Thank you so much!

Replies

• I would bump up your exercise to give you a few more calories to eat for your dinner. And then have a light dinner that is high in protein to keep you full. I definately wouldn't skip any meals though. And if you just started, going over one day is not going to kill your weight loss. Just try to keep within your calories for the rest of the week.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Do a harder/longer workout. See how many calories you have left & used them towards dinner....you may have to go light. You don't want to skip meals ever.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    OK. You are new and are learning how all of this works.

Bump up your exercise for the day but do have a light, low calorie dinner too.

Tip: in the early weeks of MFP just concentrate on calories in and exercise out. As you get used to this aspect, you will want to concentrate on tracking other nutrients as well such as protein, sodium, fats (especially saturated fats and cholesterol), sugar grams and so forth.

Further: forget cakes, pies, candy, donuts, ice cream and so forth for your initial weight loss. You can add these back into your diet as you begin to lose weight. But initially they just won't cut it! They contain too many "empty" calories and they are kind of off limits to start.

Additionally: get rid of all of the above in your house. Give them away, freeze them, or have your family "hide them," so you won't be tempted. Invest in some really great, allowable snacks for yourself. Take a couple of hours to study the calories and nutrients in your favorite foods. There is a line of cheese called Laughing Cow lite, that only has 35 calories per wedge; then there is Skinny Cow low fat ice cream that starts at about 110 calories per item (make sure you buy the no sugar added type). There are many other types of substitutions you can make: no mayo, no sauces, that sort of thing: all help! Choose your favorites and have them in the house.

This program does work. It is not magic. You can do this! It takes a lot of focus in the beginning but you are worth it!
  • NeoPY
    NeoPY Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for all your replies! It's REALLY appreciated! :)
This discussion has been closed.