Today's the day

Options
After a binge fest Monday (giant family party=tons of food) I had trouble getting back on track these last two days. Tuesday and Wednesday hit me with the end of IEP season (special ed teachers have SOOOO much paperwork). I know that this has been my issue ion the past, I eat strictly for weeks, lose the weight I want and then I go to some function where there is tons of food and don't know how to so no and be haggled for not eating.

I am an all or nothing person. I can be very strict with my diet, but hte second I take a step outside for a day I have a very hard time reeling it back in.

I want continue towatch that scale move down, so today Im buckling down and getting back on track :smile:

Any support would be highly appreciated :love:

Replies

• shannonbanana
    shannonbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    After a binge fest Monday (giant family party=tons of food) I had trouble getting back on track these last two days. Tuesday and Wednesday hit me with the end of IEP season (special ed teachers have SOOOO much paperwork). I know that this has been my issue ion the past, I eat strictly for weeks, lose the weight I want and then I go to some function where there is tons of food and don't know how to so no and be haggled for not eating.

I am an all or nothing person. I can be very strict with my diet, but hte second I take a step outside for a day I have a very hard time reeling it back in.

I want continue towatch that scale move down, so today Im buckling down and getting back on track :smile:

Any support would be highly appreciated :love:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm also an all or nothing person and had a little (HUGE) slip up yesterday. So we'll start again together. Here is to a successful day for all the MFP out there getting back to it.:flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    We all have those days..especially when its a party or family function.. Just start all over again today. I started off this diet being really strict with myself.. because I'm a big snacker.. But now I have learned that even if I mess up..to not just give up completely.. and call it a day..like I used to.. but to pick myself back up and start again for the next meal. Things like parties, and BBQ's especially this time of year..are going to be hard for me now that I am REALLY trying to shed pounds! No one said diets were easy right? :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    That's okay. I can tell you now Im having one of "those days" Saturday for my son's birthday. :laugh: Mmmm Grilled sausage and burgers and potato salad OH MY
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Ohhh that sounds good! I think it is ok to have one of those days once in awhile..especially when it's a party.. now if we party all day every day that would be a different story!!! :glasses:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I did AWFUL yesterday too, I didn't even log it in, I just kept eating..and eating lol oh well! Today is a new day :) We can all do this :)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I had the same problem in the past
    I was SOOOOOOO strict or went way off the deep end
    This time, I am allowing myself 1-2 sweet treats/snacks a day and I think it's make a big difference
    In the past few months (since Jan) I've only had 2-3 'bad' days and they weren't THAT bad :)

You can do it!!!!!
    Kim
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    That happened to me this week too. I had family in town and we went to Bubba Gumps for dinner and well, everything I got was deep fried. Surprising, I didn't gain, and when I got back on track I dropped another pound this week.

I think sometimes it's a good thing to splurge a little bit and get back on track. It shocks your body a little bit so it's not used to it.
  • apdoxies
    apdoxies Posts: 57
    Options
    I completely understand! We had a "Second Retirement" party for one of my co-workers yesterday. OF COURSE, there was cake & ice cream. I admit it, I slipped :ohwell:
    I had 2 small pieces, but paid for it with a really really upset stomach. I don't think I'll do that again. It tasted good, but by the time I got the last piece down, I felt horrible!:sick:

We all have slip-ups. But that doesn't mean that we should quit. I walked 4 1/4 miles last night & am back on track to eating healthy today (so far :wink: ). Keep your head up & know that one meal or one day is ok. Just be determined to reign yourself in & get back to healthy living! You can do it! :smile:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I splurged for most of the weekend and it has been tough staying on track since I'm back at work. I keep thinking I'm hungry and I know I'm not really. The good news though, despite the splurge I lost weight!

It was odd too over the weekend. I had three different meals where I really over ate and following them, I was a walking advertisement for Pepto Bismal. Apparantly, my body won't let me eat like that anymore.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I feel like that also. Like you said "You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance." Re-read your quote again.

When I start to get lazy again, I have a "contract" that outlines what I need to do in order for me to lose weight, and a reward will be given when I reach that weight lost (I keep it with me all times though). It helps me get back on track.

By the way, I was looking at your pictures. You're really gorgeous and you look good. You can do it! Good Luck!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Turn Over A New Leaf THURSDAY!!! woo hoo! here we come!:bigsmile:

hugs and we'll get there! no worries!
    ali :drinker: