Feel like I am on a sinking boat alone :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Kaleidoscopekate
    Options
    My goal is also to lose 101 lbs :] believe me, you are not alone. 58 million people in America are overweight and 3 million people are morbidly obese. Even worse, 25% of Americans live a sedentary lifestyle.
    I'm 19 now, and I've been at least 20 lbs overweight since I was 10. I am so tired of being fat. I started on this site on Monday at 236 lbs and a size 20. I know it's going to take me at least a year to lose the weight that's making me so unhealthy, but I'm in it for the long haul. I want to be able to wear a bikini because I've never worn one. So far I've lost 5 lbs (probably from having having all of that junk food flushed from my system.

Some tips I've learned in the past 3 days:
    - To lose a pound of fat, you have to burn 3500 calories. That may seem daunting, but remember that every single activity you do burns calories (I'm burning calories right now by typing).
    - Figure out your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Just google it and you should find an automatic calculator somewhere. This is basically the number of calories your body would burn in a day even if you laid in bed all day. I enter my bmr (1898 calories) as an exercise everyday because my goal is to burn 1000 more calories than I eat in a day. (So, if I eat 1200 calories, burn 400 with exercise, and burn 1898 naturally, I have a net calorie measurement of -1098. That's basically a third of a pound lost in a day).
    -Set smaller goals. My main goal is to lose 101 lbs, but my 'right now' goal is to get to 199 lbs.
    - Buy a really expensive incentive outfit that you've always thought you would look beautiful in. I bought a size 10 romper that I am dying to get into.
    -And finally, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, do NOT starve yourself. Not only will your metabolism stop running and force you to retain weight, starving also causes loss of vitamins, cellulite, and teeth.. It's just not a good idea. You're body is a machine and you have to put the premium octane gas in it.

Sorry, that was really long-winded, but I'm really pumped about losing this weight :] I know that we can all do it, it's just about our own personal motivation.
    -Katie
  • djcarreras
    Options
    I AM NOT ONE TO REACH OUT TO STRANGERS BUT THE SUPPORT IS ALMOST BETTER IN SOME WAYS FROM STRANGERS SOMETIMES! WE CAN DO IT!
  • leti333
    leti333 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are not alone- it's a blessing to be able to make positive changes in your life. Be kind to yourself and don't look back. This site is really awesome and supportive- I'd love to be your 'mfp' friend so add me if you'd like. Have a great day!
  • njcooter
    Options
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." Eleanor Roosevelt.

You are beautiful inside and out just the way God made you. Every choice you make, everything you do from here on out is just to make it better and better, to be a good steward of what you have been given. Celebrate who you are and love yourself and that positive energy will feed into your efforts and keep you afloat in the sunshine.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    Just read what you posted to a new person - I am in AWE of your ENERGY! Good Luck to you!
  • amancay
    amancay Posts: 13
    Options
    girl... you CAN do it, GOD can do it! My inspiration has been watching a dear friend tackle those 100 pounds you see ahead of you... in the last year, it's been incredible to see her transform into who she was created to be, truly a joy!

glad you are along for MY ride, blessings!