Re-Introduction

Options
Hello all.
I am not "new" to MFP. Just back for more encouragement and to encourage others. Ready to make this year all about ME and my weight loss goals. I am ready to be the Me I have wanted to be for a long time. To make my inside match my outside. To be happy in my body. I know I can do this.
I really enjoy encouraging others and have really enjoyed this site. It helps me stay on track and motivated. Currently doing day 3 today of the 30 day Shred. (Level 1 is kicking my butt and I love it!). I know the fitness part is going to be the hardest for me!
I hate all of the bad advice that gets recirculated on here. (I work for a wonderful hospital and have worked with some great professionals to help me create the profile i have and the fitness goals I want to meet). I am really here to encourage others and to stay motivated, as well as accountable for my eating and my goals.
Looking forward to watching my ticker slide to the right and help me meet my goals! Looking forward to seeing my friends tickers slide to the right as they meet their goals as well.
If you need an encouraging person to help keep you motivated, feel free to add me. I will try to keep up with everyone! Good luck to everyone on this great journey that we are all in together!
I hope everyone can make 2011 the year for them!

Replies

• Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 day shred on Monday! Hope it's going good for you
    I'll add you as a friend so I can keep up to date with how you're doing
    Wishing you lots of luck on your journey :0)
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Welcome back!! :flowerforyou: It is great to have support from others. I'm sending friend request now.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Welcome back!! :flowerforyou: It is great to have support from others. I'm sending friend request now.

Love your "putting myself fist"! I was once told it was selfish of me to say that this year is The Year of ME, but we have to put ourselves first at some point. It's not about vanity, it's about being healthy! Congrats on your 44lbs lost already. What an inspiration! Looking forward to this journey. Hoping that having friends means being more accountable and knowing others are counting on encouragement as well! Good luck!
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    I really enjoy encouraging others and have really enjoyed this site. It helps me stay on track and motivated. Currently doing day 3 today of the 30 day Shred. (Level 1 is kicking my butt and I love it!). I know the fitness part is going to be the hardest for me!
    I hate all of the bad advice that gets recirculated on here. (I work for a wonderful hospital and have worked with some great professionals to help me create the profile i have and the fitness goals I want to meet).

I think good or bad advice depends on the receiver.

I believe everyone is different and everything in the health/fitness world is constantly changing. One day red meat is bad- then the trainer has me eat it to bulk up, next it is coffee - but then my doctor tells me it isn't so bad in small quantities and it has potassium that counters the sodium, and then next chocolate - but dark chocolate has antioxidants. [examples only]

Our society is always saying so many different things. I filter what doesn't work for me, I don't consider any advice bad, if it comes from the heart. Most of these people speak from the heart and their own experiences. It is sometimes hard to share what you think you know, and this site for the most part helps educate people. If those things were never posted, well, then people would never get the chance to learn. I have learned so much since becoming a member, from all posts.

Just a thought.