HELP W CALORIES BURNED!!

Options
OKAY...IVE BEEN READING LOTS OF POST ABOUT EATING BACK CALORIES BURNED! WHEN I SET UP MY PROFILE I SAID I WOULD WORKOUT AT LEAST 4 DAYS A WEEK FOR 30 MIN. BUT WHEN I ENTER MY EXERCISE IT SAYS I CAN EAT MORE CALORIES..... IS THAT 30 MIN ALREADY FIGURED INTO MY CALORIES FOR THE DAY OR IS IT EXTRA CALORIES I CAN EAT? IM CONFUSED. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

THANKS
NIKKI :)

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    as u add in excercise your earned calorie amount increases...the site is based on the fact you eat them..some do some dont ..and both sides have success..personally i dont eat them BUT if Im hungry I dont mind dipping into them 100 calories or so and having a snack...the 30min is not figured into your daily until you actually add it as an exercise per day.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Your profile is only giving you the average loss per week if you do the exercise for your reference. It is not calculated in your daily totals on the bottom of the food page.
    I actually rarely eat my exercise calories unless Im really hungry that day, but I have found that works best for me. You will need to work with MFP to figure out what works best for you.

You can eat your exercise calories, a portion of them, or none of them. Your body usually will tell you if you need to eat more. If you are not hungry then don't eat the exercise calories. Do what "feels" right for you!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    When you set your goal that was just a goal and was not taken into account with your caloric allotment. (probably on purpose as you may do more or less than your goal) This is why MFP adds your exercise calories. If you need 1200 cals to lose 1.5 pounds and burn an extra 500 MFP will give you the 500 to ensure you lose your goal of 1.5 instead of more or less.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    K..THANKS EVERYONE!