Any good recipes with quinoa?

Options
I've read about a grain called quinoa in a lot of different food and nutrition magazines, and I've seen it on TV on a list of healthy grains to eat. I wanted to know if anyone has any delicious, but nutritious recipes they've tried using quinoa? Thanks so much :)

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I just made it last night with recipe on the bag - easy and yummy. I will go find it in my food log and send it to you.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa, and eat it all the time. I use it in place of rice most of the time (and cook it the same way). But you can also cook it with some chicken broth instead of water, it gives it a nutty/chicken flavor. I also mix it with garbonzo beans, and diced tomatoes with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper, and that is really good (hot or cold). There is also this recipe that I saw on the food network this weekend that looked amazing. I haven't tried it yet, but here it is.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/herbed-quinoa-recipe/index.html
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Sparkrecipes.com has some great recipes
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff. :) I eat it in the am for breakfast like oatmeal sometimes, in place of rice or you can look online and find a ton of salad recipes. YUMMMMMMMM
  • scorlis
    Options
    I like to use it with just some peach mango salsa. yum. but yea I could use some recipies also.