Rice Cakes...

Options
Hi
i bought some rice cakes in the supermarket the other day as they are low calorie, but what on earth do i serve on or with them?? any inspirations greatly received
Thanks
Nikki x

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi
    i bought some rice cakes in the supermarket the other day as they are low calorie, but what on earth do i serve on or with them?? any inspirations greatly received
    Thanks
    Nikki x

I love 'em with peanut butter and jelly.

Also very tasty with hummus.

And in a pinch, a slice of cheese on top works for me.

But, truly, I'm not very creative-- that's all I got.
  • GirlTenney
    Options
    A smidge of nutella! YUUUUUUUUUUM!
  • crobertson1916
    Options
    I agree with Marla. I always try to buy the chocolate flavor and add Skippy natural peanut butter. It's a great YUMMY and filling snack.
  • brightcatwoman
    brightcatwoman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes are low in calorie but keep in mind they are processed grains so they turn into sugar very rapidly.
  • haharper
    haharper Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also love the chocolate rice cake with about a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tiny bit of honey. Only about a 160 cals i think!

1609786.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • weirbikers
    Options
    yep, spreadable things work best. I only like the fruit flavored ones so I might add a few more pieces of other fresh fruit or yogurt. Plain ones you can add just about anything; though most people add peanut butter. I have also heard of adding a small slice of ham, egg, or cheese.
  • davish28
    Options
    I buy the Laughing cow cream cheese wedges and spread them on rice cakes. The lite French onion and lite Swiss are delicious on white chedder rice cakes.
  • davish28
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes and peanut butter. mmmm that sounds good, I'll have to try that.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    chopped up avocado and a pinch of salt and pepper. mmm.