Late night eating

Options
I cant stop the late night eating i sometimes suffer from insomnia so im up at night then around 2 am im hungry an i want to go to the fridge an eat how can i stop this any tips on maybe how to make my self sleep??? thanks

Replies

• KaraCan
    Options
    Chug a glass of water! A lot of time at night when you feel like your hungry, you might just be a bit dehydrated. Try drinking a glass of water and going back to bed... or in case of your insomnia, read a book or just try to relax. :)
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    maybe some fruits and veggies already cut up in the fridge so u can just grab em....Other than that. I am not quite sure good luck....
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    The magic of warm milk. I had that too and found out that it was my thyroid. Every night at 2:15...like clockwork. I tried everything from holding my arms in the air (not sure who told me about that but I tried it) to counting. There is alot of healthy, positive support here and you will love it!
  • jen76love
    Options
    Me too!! It's horrible. You think "just a little handful of crackers", but no, it's bad for you. Try some sugar-free mints on your night stand, that helps me.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Agree with the water!

Re: the sleep, maybe you should look into meditation. It helps me sleep better. Also exercise HEAPS if you're not already. Exercise makes you tired and go to sleep as soon as you hit the pillow! For me anyway :)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I get insomnia a lot too, I know how you feel. Luckily, I haven't had any bouts since starting my new lifestyle, yet.

Might try having dinner a little later and/or having an evening snack of something filling and healthy (w/ protein). Or keep something healthy with few cals set out for your insomnia nights - a piece of fruit or some veggies.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I keep sugar free jello and fruits and veggies pre cut in the fridge to eat when i need.
  • kellcee
    Options
    I have the same problem. Night is horrible for me. Usually once I have had all my food for the day I brush my teeth and use a very strong mouth wash. Then nothing tastes as good and I don't want anything but water!
  • swopeswick
    swopeswick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Almonds have become my snack of choice lately. I always stayed away from nuts because of the fat content, but in the past couple of years there have been a ton of articles and studies praising the value of nuts so I figured I would give them a shot. Well, it has been great for me... allowed me to steer clear of my weaknesses (Doritos/ chips, etc) and has allowed me to lose some more body fat. I eat 8 to 10 at a shot, which is less then half a serving and provides a perfect amount of calories and a few grams of fat, which helps fill the belly and keep you satisfied. Sam's club sells them 3 lbs for $10 and they are already shelled, which is fantastic!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I exercise hard so im tired...be productive around your house to make yourself tired too !!
  • shorty2021
    Options
    I did good when i started exersising i was tired an went to be early but i exersise every day i feel tierd i just cant sleep its been an on going thing for years! an its so hard to fight the urge to eat in the middle of the night ive tried gum suger free an that works sometimes but not always.
  • xmixvidaxlocax
    Options
    I could use help with this one as well. I swear I take in at least 300 un needed calories in the middle of the night.... I hate it. Its very habbit forming, you strat to crave it. :(