Any use the Just Dance or Just Dance 2 ??

Options
Looking for something for a good workout, read the reviews and they sound good, and make for a good cardio workout vs the treadmill all the time.. It gets boring looking at a wall for 40 minutes or more.

Could someone shed some light on these two for me??

Thanks Laurie

Replies

• everydayepiphanies
    everydayepiphanies Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is definitely a good workout!

I like them both, but I think Just Dance 2 has a lot of improvements over Just Dance.
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is definitely a good workout!

I like them both, but I think Just Dance 2 has a lot of improvements over Just Dance.

I just purchase Just Dance and Just Dance 2 I hope they are what I am looking for looks like fun, and hey if you gotta workout it should be fun right :D

Thanks for your response
    Laurie
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    You will like them. Definitely fun!!
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    I love them both but dance 2 is some what better if you have to pick one, Wii zumba is awsome to but i like the dvd version of zumba better.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Dance 2 is a good workout!
  • sarjac1
    Options
    I love, love, love the Just Dance games! On Just Dance 2 there is a sweat mode and you can pick which level of a workout you want, you pick your player and it tracks your daily "sweat" so it keeps you on track! I do at least 5 songs a night, after I finish my sweat mode workout me and the kids dance a few more times. Not only is it a good workout, but it's fun and I get to spend time with the kids and they're getting healthier too without even realizing it! It's a win, win!!!! I hope you find it as rewarding as I do! Good luck to you!!!
  • amandacheson
    amandacheson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance. It makes cardio fun and it's great when you don't have the time to get to the gym. I'm still confused about what calories I should list because I get such different numbers from sweat points and MFP? Anyone have any suggestions?
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is a nice work out I try to add in approx 20 minutes (or 6 to 7 songs) a day into my daily agenda. :)
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    I love Just Dance. It makes cardio fun and it's great when you don't have the time to get to the gym. I'm still confused about what calories I should list because I get such different numbers from sweat points and MFP? Anyone have any suggestions?

The sweat points are not actually calories you burned. I would suggest using a heart rate monitor to track the calories burned or you could use a low guesstimate it would be similar to dancing for whatever length of time you did. Depending on if you truly danced the entire time ;). I usually log it under dancing general and plug in the amount of time and then lower what they tell me I burned to be on the safe side. - Just until I finally get my heart rate monitor! :)
  • katevonr
    Options
    FYI - They are on sale on Amazon right now.
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    FYI - They are on sale on Amazon right now.

thanks everyone for your responses,, I did order them from amazon, and hope to have them early next week.. I am looking forward to getting started with them.. I do like to dance and I am so looking for something that running on the treadmill for my cardio..

Looking forward to getting them... whoo hoooo!!! I know I gotta exercise but it don't have to be boring :)
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    Just got the confirmation first one should be here on Saturday... Yippeeee
  • deanna1981
    Options

The sweat points are not actually calories you burned. I would suggest using a heart rate monitor to track the calories burned or you could use a low guesstimate it would be similar to dancing for whatever length of time you did. Depending on if you truly danced the entire time ;). I usually log it under dancing general and plug in the amount of time and then lower what they tell me I burned to be on the safe side. - Just until I finally get my heart rate monitor! :)
    [/quote

I've read a few places online to take your sweatpoints and divide them by 4.2 to find calories burned. Most have said this is really accurate.