Looking for others to share this journey with

Options
I downloaded the Iphone app and didn't even know there were message boards. I just found these boards and am glad to see yall out there.

I'm a 37 yr old father of 3 beautiful girls. I've lived in the Houston area all my life and have come to realize that I was not healthy and needed to do something about it. I remember tellling my wife back in college, that she should get on me if i ever went over 200 lbs. ha. I weighed 180 back thenand thought 200 was fat. Well, I graduated college and went to law school only to balloon to over 200. Then comes work and then comes kids. Then comes 20 more lbs and then comes 20 more. I hit about 240 and looked at myself and realized I wasn't headed on the right path. I didn't like getting winded playing softball playing with my kids.

I actually started my weight loss trek with P90X. No real dieting, but just adding more exercise. It was good. i realized how out of shape I had gotten and lost about 20 lbs doing that. However, plantar fasciitis set in and that's been sidetracked. I've been able to maintain my weight and actually have lost a few more lbs changing my diet. No more regular sodas. That was a big one.

I love my app, as i can see where the calories are adding up and try to avoid those calorie rich foods. I'm down to 218 and have a goal of getting under 200. At 6 feet tall, i should really be around 190, but I'd feel good about myself at that weight.

My foot and fasciitis has gotten better and I think I'm going to start P90X up again. I also have started running and have worked up to 2 miles so far. Was never a runner before. My foot still bothers me, but I'm going to trudge through and make my goal.

My 7 yr old pulled out a photo album the other night and saw pictures of when i weighed about 175 back in college. I asked her if I was fat now. She said I was a little bit skinny .. but a little bit fat. lol gotta love little children.

Anyway, good luck to everyone on your goals!

If anyone wants or need a friend to share some fo their journey with, please send me a request.

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP this is a great site. I'm also in Houston :-) Feel free to add me as a friend