Diet Soda-Real Talk!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    "If you're drinking soda pop instead of lowfat milk or orange juice, or eating a candy bar instead of a piece of fruit, you're missing a chance to cut your risk of osteoporosis, cancer, or heart disease," said Bonnie Liebman, CSPI nutrition director.
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    If you turn around the soda can, are half of the ingredients readable? Do you know what half that stuff is? Soda has no nutritional value. While yes, it may have less sugar and calories than say, orange juice, but with orange juice at least you are getting some nutrients. I repeat, there is NOTHING healthy about soda. It is completely processed. I don't drink soda anymore, but when I did, it made me hungrier than I was before and made me crave different sugars. I wanted sweets all. the. time. which is terrible for someone like me who has a sweet tooth.... no weight loss help there. I would assume that if a beverage is basically toxic with no nutritional value, that would not be healthy or help you in the long run. It may help with weight loss now, but what about in 15 years when they discover it causes cancer? I don't know, just a thought.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic as I have drank Diet Pepsi for years.. I have been overweight for years. Hmmm a bit of a correlation there maybe! I probably drank a 6 pack a day. I now limit myself to one a day but I do go days without any. Now it tastes really overly sweet to me. I also used to drink ice tea sweetened with Splenda. I had to make it unsweetened as the sweetness was just way too much and I barely even drink that so not much caffeine anymore. I am not a coffee drinker at all. I am going to see the next time I drink a diet pepsi if I get extra hungry afterwards. I usually drink it in the late afternoon so I hungry anyway but we will see. I look forward to seeing more posts and more answers!