Happy Halloween

Options
Hope every one has a fun and safe Halloween today.
Don't let the candy rule you!!!.. Better said than done.

:devil: Happ Halloween to my MFP ghouls & goblins!:devil:

:flowerforyou: Joanna:flowerforyou:

~I did carve that pumpkin (in the pic)... cool huh? :tongue:

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hope every one has a fun and safe Halloween today.
    Don't let the candy rule you!!!.. Better said than done.

:devil: Happ Halloween to my MFP ghouls & goblins!:devil:

:flowerforyou: Joanna:flowerforyou:

~I did carve that pumpkin (in the pic)... cool huh? :tongue:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween to you and your family! We have not bought our candy yet. My husband agreed to pick it up on the way home this afternoon. The less time in the house the better!

I feel pretty good about the candy today, not like last week. Last week it would have been a disaster. Everyone have fun watching all the kids in their costumes!

(My 14 year old is trying to convince me I should let him trick or treat. I told him that he lost that right when he started shaving...):laugh:
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    lol, thats funny. I guess thats what I'll tell Chris when he starts shaving., he's 13.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Aw... but ma... can I please go.. please, please, PLEASE? :ohwell:

I have my devil horns & tail & hubby has a pimp hat :laugh:
    I guess we're ready to go out Trick or Treating with the girls! :tongue:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Awesome pumpkin!!!

I hope you all have a Spooktacular evening!!!

Angela:devil:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Awesome pumpkin!!!

I hope you all have a Spooktacular evening!!!

Angela:devil:

Thanks Angela:flowerforyou:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Time2wrk... I waited until today to get my candy, too. Sugar is a drug to me! I am waiting until the doorbell rings for the first time to even open the bag! My husband promised to take any leftovers to his office tomorrow, so I think I'm safe.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    We live out in the country and don't get any kids. They all head into town. I've bought candy and just ended up eating it in the past. Last year I actually had to phone a family to drop by and come get some.... so if anybody does show up, I guess they'll get a diet chocolate pudding with my name and phone # on it.
    lol:bigsmile:
  • time2wrk
    Options
    My biggest problem is that we don't know how much to buy. :ohwell: My husband gets GIANORMOUS candy bars for our neighborhood kids. But we are in a newer development with new houses going in all over the place, so we will probably buy bags of candy for any other kids show up. I'm worried that maybe no other kids WILL show up and I will have all this candy in the house! Oh, hey, I could send it to basketball practice with my older son tomorrow. He's 17 and skinny as a rail and so are all his buddies, they could clean out my cupboard for me!

Ok, thanks for letting me problem solve online!!:laugh:
  • Petal
    Petal Posts: 27
    Options
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN to everyone. Its just after 10pm here and Im about to sit down with horror flicks and NO SNACKS or CHOCS or anything yummy... Just my pre bedtime coffee and yet another glass of the dreaded water:sad:

Hope you all having a wicked time:smile:
  • time2wrk
    Options
    Hey, Petal, just think how happy you will be in the morning for bypassing all the goodies!!!

Don't get too scared watching the scary movies - Happy Halloween!:devil:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I'll watch a movie with you Petal!:laugh:

You should have hot chocolate instead.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Or RED WINE! LOL!
  • Petal
    Options
    If you love a good horrror from time to time, then you are most welcome to join me... Bit of a long way though LOL.... Hot choc too much of a temptation. Steak on Italian bread today was bad enough... aaargh :smile:
  • Petal
    Options
    LOL:drinker:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Happy halloween to everyone!!!

Candy is not a problem for me ( dont ask about chips, popcorn, wine :grumble: ). My husband is another story - I'll be lucky if there's any left to hand out tonight. I need to change my hiding place.
  • Furpaws
    Options
    Happy Haunting!:noway:

I did 'ok" with the candy earlier this week, but after the trick & treaters were gone tonight I was left with an opened bag of Mary Janes (peanut butter taffy). Yum. Ate one right after another (at least 10). So now I'm on a sugar buzz, but I'll get back on track tomorrow. I've been eating a low carb/low glycemic high protein diet, cutting out all the sugar junk (except for tonite) and wow I feel so much better. More energy, no more aches and pains.
  • Lisa_25
    Options
    Furpaws, I know how you feel. I just got home from trick or treating with my son and couldn't resist the huge bag of candy sitting there in front of me. I ate some jubes and a couple mini chocolate bars.:sad: I feel horrible for eating them, but I think I probably burnt off enough calories just walking today to make up for those calories. Plus, I haven't had any chocolate or sweets in over a week. I'll have to make up for it tomorrow I guess.:embarassed:

Lisa
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Joanne - Awesome pumpkin! That's fabulous.

My scariest moment today: my brother (bless his heart), brought a chicken enchilada lasagna type deal over for dinner. Dang, it was good. I didn't each too much of it.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    If you love a good horrror from time to time, then you are most welcome to join me... Bit of a long way though LOL.... Hot choc too much of a temptation. Steak on Italian bread today was bad enough... aaargh :smile:

I'm always up for scary movies :devil: