careful what u wish for

Options
All my life I have had really physical jobs. Moving all the time. Within the past year I moved into a sitting job. Too cool. I had my own desk, could decorate it any way I want to, play on the computer....but nothing physical (except for potty breaks). All them years I wished for a sit-down job. Now I have it and I so wish for a job where I am moving again. I am gettin a little older and find it is much harder to get that physical job. Hmmmmmm. Too bad I did not think of that back then. Oh well. :ohwell: Sorry for the boring post, just tired of sitting.

Replies

• chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    All my life I have had really physical jobs. Moving all the time. Within the past year I moved into a sitting job. Too cool. I had my own desk, could decorate it any way I want to, play on the computer....but nothing physical (except for potty breaks). All them years I wished for a sit-down job. Now I have it and I so wish for a job where I am moving again. I am gettin a little older and find it is much harder to get that physical job. Hmmmmmm. Too bad I did not think of that back then. Oh well. :ohwell: Sorry for the boring post, just tired of sitting.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had worked a couple jobs where I was on my feet all day and also wished for a desk job. Then I spent the last seven years strapped to a desk and I can't wait to find a job that keeps me physically busy again!! "The grass is always greener..."
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear you!!!

and I agree grass is always greener...or seems that way right?!

I also sit all day at my job, but to make it a little more healthy, I take the stairs (our mail room is upstairs)...walk to deliver a paper or talk w/ a colleague instead of calling or email....spread out my filing and copying so I can break up my sit time...walk at lunch...bounce my legs constantly lol but that last one is just a habit LOL....

If you drive to work and park, try parking far away and then getting in a nice walk to and from work...all things I try to do, but still and especially on a day like today I wish I was like a park ranger or something...lol

hugs!
    Ali :drinker: