I am a Horrible Cook

Options
2»

Replies

• LizardIsANerd
    Options
    Campbell's soup website has a bunch of "pour from can, add, chicken, add rice" types of recipes. Even better - this link shows things you can replace in almost any recipe to make it lower in calories!! http://www.campbellwellness.com/links/healthy-substitutions.asp
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Chicken enchiladas

1 8 or 10 pk large wheat tortillas
    1 can cream of chicken
    1 16 oz fat free sour cream
    1 jar salsa
    1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
    1 lb. chicken breasts

Bake the chicken until cooked through. Then shred with a fork. You can do this a day ahead if you like.

Mix the soup, sour cream and salsa. Spread a little on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
    Stir the shredded chicken into the rest. Slap a blob of the mix in the middle of a tortilla and roll it up. Put in pan. Squeeze the tortillas in if you need to. Any mix left, pour on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover w/ foil and bake @ 400 for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. This is a hit with the whole family! It also freezes well.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Weight Watcher cookbooks have super super easy and super tasty recipes that should be easy for you. I would go to a bookstore and flip through one. They are usually very limited in ingredients and time and already have the calorie content for you as well.

I don't use the WW guidelines for weight loss anymore, but when I'm bored with cooking I pull out my two recipe books and can always find something good and quick to cook!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    turkey burgers are yummy, ground turkey , mix in some onions and green peppers, salt & pepper or a little taco seasoning, make into patty and either fry in Olive oil or bake under broiler or Grill, ( they dont take that long) than top with salsa and a tbsp of fat free sour cream....Oh soooo yummy
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    These are some great ideas!
  • abbvest
    abbvest Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for all the suggestions! I think I'm gonna start trying these next week!