Treadmill running at an incline - calories burned

jpilley
jpilley Posts: 78 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Appears to be a discrepancy between MFP and treadmill readings as to calories burned. I know each piece of equipment is different but here's my question. When I input what my treadmill says I burn and I am running at a 2% incline - the notice it posts on my Homepage refigures my time. Can this be corrected? How do you account for faster speeds, inclines, etc.

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Use a HRM and then you'll always know how much you're burning on a variety of equipment at different inclines and resistance levels.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I know what you mean I am on the tread mill for sixty minutes and burn 488 calories yet when i put in 488 calories it says 43 min Mine was 2.5 incline at 2.5. I just put in the calories that is what is important
  • jpilley
    jpilley Posts: 78 Member
    Thanks for the prompt responses - thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I agree though that burning those calories is what is important and not necessarily what the machine says or what MFP calculates it to be.

BURN BABY BURN!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    You can at least change the speed for walking/jogging/running- just type in walk or jog in exercises, and it gives you several speeds to choose from. Can't really do the incline on here, but maybe just put down that you ate slightly less, and everything will even out....
This discussion has been closed.