How to burn belly fat - help please

radwan_masri
radwan_masri Posts: 54
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, I am a 48 years male who's desperately need to loose a lot of fat around my belly, it looks like a tire. I have started a healthy low fat low carb diet since 2nd Jan 2011 and been committed to this diet since then, just three days ago I have started a gym routine of 90 minutes combination of cardio and weight lifting, my face, arms, chest, shoulder legs are fine, only stomach and butt are not in proportion, I need a suggestion on how to speed "gut butt" burning process. Thanks

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    You can't spot reduce weight loss. You're going to lose weight however your genetically predisposed to. Continue weight lifting and your reduced calorie itake Eventually the weight will come off :)
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Unfortuneatly belly fat is the first on and last off.............................. just keep at it and once your body has burned up the excess fat everywhere else it will start to take it off your belly. The good news is that once you get to that point it starts to come of fast.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Was reading something from Jillian Michaels a while ago. She said the fat that was put on most recently will come off first. The fat that has been there a long time will take the longest to remove. But I don't know if that's true - you get so much conflicting information on the internet. Just keeping working on it and it will come off eventually. It really sucks though - when your body starts to tighten up you learn exactly where the fat is sitting.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Unfortuneatly belly fat is the first on and last off.............................. just keep at it and once your body has burned up the excess fat everywhere else it will start to take it off your belly. The good news is that once you get to that point it starts to come of fast.

That's not necessarily true for everyone. It's up to genetics and your body shape. I tend to be pear/hourglass and belly is the last place I put on weight. And it's the first to come off for me. However my butt takes forever to lose inches
  • Thank you so much; that was an amazing article. well done. :-)
This discussion has been closed.